Lewis Buxton

@FootballFormLab: Lewis Buxton has missed just 7 games since 2012/13 and without him, Sheff Weds have picked up just 2 points conceding 15 goals

As anybody actually checked this stat?

Wasn't 12/13 last season, in which case we have only played 2 league since, and the stats would be 0 points and 4 goals conceded?

To be honest I though he coped quite well on Saturday the concern was the left hand side! Need Buxton back and our midfield is so dire I would have Palmer in there!

A good full back who we are missing the stats say it all really!

We are missing him, but the stats are just made up, we have played 2 league games since 12/13 - the moral of the story is -  don't believe everything Neil posts. :ghoulguy:

Shin splints seems an odd injury for him to get at this stage of his career.  I wonder what has caused it?  Maybe a change in footwear, going too hard at the start of pre season or hard pitches or something?  One of those things you need to just rest until it goes completely otherwise it is a swine to get rid of.

He's so important to our team, probably one of the best crosses of a ball at the club too. Shame that Lee is injured too as he is more than good enough to have filled in at right back instead of relying on young Liam to play out of positon.

A fully fit Lewis Buxton would be just about an automatic choice but I hope we dont rush him back and he breaks down again.

Lets not get carried away though and think he is some kind of saviour to our season. He is a good championship full back nothing more.

Yes, and if we'd 10 more of the same good championship standard players like Buxton is, we would be in the top 3 come the end of the season.