Lewis Buxton

Lets not get carried away though and think he is some kind of saviour to our season. He is a good championship full back nothing more.

@FootballFormLab: Lewis Buxton has missed just 7 games since 2012/13 and without him, Sheff Weds have picked up just 2 points conceding 15 goals #FormLabBlack

Owlstalk Shop

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Big miss and hope to see him back soon, don't think it will be helping Palmer either right now.

To be honest I though he coped quite well on Saturday the concern was the left hand side! Need Buxton back and our midfield is so dire I would have Palmer in there!

A fully fit Lewis Buxton would be just about an automatic choice but I hope we dont rush him back and he breaks down again.

Lets not get carried away though and think he is some kind of saviour to our season. He is a good championship full back nothing more.

A good full back who we are missing the stats say it all really!

As Matthefish says, he's a good championship full back, but he is something more. He adds a stiffness to the defence, which never plays with the same confidence without him. he also often provides the ort of crosses that Palmer put in for Prutton on Sat, only more often and with much more confidence.

Funny how people see things differently, I thought Palmer was very much out of his depth on Saturday.

Plamer did well when he got forward - if he played that right midfield role with Buxton behind him, I think we'd have a decent right side offering something different. Defensively though - no.

said in another Lewis Buxton thread - alongside Kirkland, he is one of the first names on the sheet regardless of form, age, weight, creed, colour, hairstyle, gender, location, who he supports, whether he likes Justin Bieber or not

the guy is a flipping monster at the minute and is in some of the best form of his career and best form for SWFC - one of the longest serving (behind JJ am i right?) and can turn into (and rightly so) a legend for this club

said in another Lewis Buxton thread - alongside Kirkland, he is one of the first names on the sheet regardless of form, age, weight, creed, colour, hairstyle, gender, location, who he supports, whether he likes Justin Bieber or not

the guy is a flipping monster at the minute and is in some of the best form of his career and best form for SWFC - one of the longest serving (behind JJ am i right?) and can turn into (and rightly so) a legend for this club

Lewis Buxton is a good Championship standard defender, and arguably our most consistent performer.

He is however, nowhere near legend status, nor is he a monster.