Rhys McCabe coming off twitter...

Well done you bunch of pubes who hurled abuse and criticism at him, you got what you wanted.

rhys mccabe ‏@rhysmccabe16 8m

Coming off twitter for good now :) @GaryMadine9 you all alone now lol#ByeBye

A few were giving JJ a lot of poo too last night after he appologised, most are under the age of 16 without a brain cell between them.

Unfortunately I think this is the case. Living vicariously rather than creating a memorable life worth living.

Says the man with over 4000 posts on OT.

to be fair, most of us on here who are obsessed with football live our lives vicariously to some extent.

Is the glaser he was arguing with the same glaser on here?

Unfortunately so, 'arguing' would probably be a loose description however ....

I was critical of his performances since he has been at the club and said we had all been told to expect more. He was mentioned upon signing in the same breath as Sheridan ...

I stated that we cannot simply allow him to drift in and out of games whilst we allow him to "develop"... everyone was saying he needs time, I responded saying we had none, we needed someone who could influence the play now, not in 2 years time.

I also explained how him and GM seem to enjoy the "lifestyle" and perks of being a footballer all too much and they are becoming separated from what really matters.... Getting your head down, being serious about your profession and improving as a footballer.

Take the praise when it comes your way on social media, but learn to deal with the critique there will always be, that's the nature of football.

We are all free to speak our mind and opinions. It's how the player deals with these that matters. Take JJ for example, he got some right abuse last night, did he cry, crumble and take the cowards way out ? No, he held his hands up promised to learn and show how much he actually cares about the club and fans....

If McCabe took what I said to heart, maybe he does realise deep down he has not been good enough, if he didn't he would have merely ignored me and moved on with his day.

In any walk of life there's appraisal and review of performance, footballers might lack the wherewithal to deal / cope, but this does not mean they should be immune from criticism. 

Brown nosing fans irritate me even more, how does praising poor performance help at all ? That's just encouraging a repeat of sub standard ....

Piece said ....

to be fair, most of us on here who are obsessed with football live our lives vicariously to some extent.

Kinda what I meant there at the end. However I've little interest in the players lives beyond pitch performances. Love talking about Wednesday with others who share the passion/interest.

Glasser, you're a fooknut.

"Take the praise when it comes your way on social media, but learn to deal with the critique there will always be"

A question on the above quoted line for Glaser.

Does it only apply to footballers or everyone and if it is just the former why the disparity?

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

Guest wilyfox

Wise move. I don't feel players should be accessible to the fans in that way. And why the likes of JJ and McCabe take to twitter immediately after a defeat like that is beyond me. It's as though they're inviting abuse from the minority that give it.

Twitter is often a circle of stupid when it comes to stuff like this.

We have a large portion of absolutely ridiculous people who follow our football club. The same as all clubs, because that's just how society is. You're talking absolute bottom feeders, thicko's and people who quite frankly shouldn't be allowed the freedom of expression that Twitter allows them. People who by all rights should probably be locked away somewhere and repressed away from any sort of decent society.

You have this mixed with footballers who, lets face it, don't have the brains and/or the maturity to deal with this properly. I am on Twitter and I follow (but have never messaged) a number of our players. In my opinion, both Gary Madine and Rhys McCabe use Twitter too much. And I think both are visibly prone to being wound up too quickly by fans, as much as they're also too quick to put their foot in it with ill thought out comments. In my humble opinion - for what that's worth - I think both Madine and McCabe struggle with the balance of being a footballer on Twitter and should probably make a decision to come off it. Or have that option enforced by the club.

Twitter isn't all bad. I see the likes of Bullen engaging with fans and the likes of Jermaine Johnson using it to really strike up a relationship with supporters, even when he's done something stupid like last night, and am reminded that it's a great tool for players and fans. But only if they can cope with it.

Madine's cause isn't helped that he's not been doing the business on the pitch. If a combination of his performances and his Twitter usage are having this sort of spiralling effect on players like him then someone at the club needs to do something about it, be it remove him from that situation, put an arm around him or ship him out.

Unfortunately so, 'arguing' would probably be a loose description however ....

I was critical of his performances since he has been at the club and said we had all been told to expect more. He was mentioned upon signing in the same breath as Sheridan ...

I stated that we cannot simply allow him to drift in and out of games whilst we allow him to "develop"... everyone was saying he needs time, I responded saying we had none, we needed someone who could influence the play now, not in 2 years time.

I also explained how him and GM seem to enjoy the "lifestyle" and perks of being a footballer all too much and they are becoming separated from what really matters.... Getting your head down, being serious about your profession and improving as a footballer.

Take the praise when it comes your way on social media, but learn to deal with the critique there will always be, that's the nature of football.

We are all free to speak our mind and opinions. It's how the player deals with these that matters. Take JJ for example, he got some right abuse last night, did he cry, crumble and take the cowards way out ? No, he held his hands up promised to learn and show how much he actually cares about the club and fans....

If McCabe took what I said to heart, maybe he does realise deep down he has not been good enough, if he didn't he would have merely ignored me and moved on with his day.

In any walk of life there's appraisal and review of performance, footballers might lack the wherewithal to deal / cope, but this does not mean they should be immune from criticism. 

Brown nosing fans irritate me even more, how does praising poor performance help at all ? That's just encouraging a repeat of sub standard ....

Piece said ....

agree totally with all of that (as long as no abuse was involved).they need to take a long,hard look at themselves

Make laugh how people on Twitter have a go at Owlstalk for being full of nobheads...

This cropped up a few weeks ago, people on Twitter slagging off OT and the other way around. As a user of both, it's not the format or host it's definitely the individual