Rhys McCabe coming off twitter...

Guest Big Guns

Why? The players are old enough to be making their own decissions. If, like McCabe has done, they feel as if they no longer want to take such harsh criticism from such bellends then they can always delete their account.

Honestly I don't think they are old enough to make there own decisions

I've got two 25 year olds working for me and not a chance can they make there own decisions

I don't think you can make your own decisions till your about 35

I can just see the Daily Mail headline now.

Footballer quits Twitter due to online abuse from teacher.

Footballer Rhys McCabe was forced to delete his Twitter account due to online abuse from a teacher. McCabe who is paid thousands of pounds a week by Sheffield Wednesday got into an online arguement with Glaser who is a fan of Sheffield Wednesday. The teacher, during his 6 week break, traded insults about work ethic with the footballer which ended in the latter deciding to delete his Twitter account. A source close to the club remarked Rhys was happy to use Twitter to communicate with fans but has now decided against using Twitter again as he was very upset.

In recent weeks online bullying as come to the nation's attention but we are just using this story to bascially,

Slag of Twiiter

Slag of a footballer

Slag of a public sector worker

Something we love to do

lol

I do think you are correct but constructive criticism is hard to get across in just texts. Probably even harder so soon after a poor performance when emotions are high.

The scenario above is silly but there will come a time again when the distinction between criticism and abuse will be blurred in court.  What one person might laugh off another might not be able to. People have to be careful what they post on Twitter especially ones such as yourself who hold positions of responsibility.

lol

Ha.

He's scared to recieve it.When he does he can't wait to get rid. You wont see him running at defences or looking for a killer ball, EVER.

dont agree with this....... he does want the ball,

the problem for us is that when he's got it, he generally gives it away BECAUSE hes looking for a killer ball, 

keep possession ffs 

Everyone needs to be accountable. More so footballers as they are paid astronomical sums of money, doing something they love. People would gladly change places for the modern footballers life.

In any walk of life there will be appraisal and performance management. Every employee is expected to conform to certain standards and deliver work of a quality they promise, or are said to be able to deliver.

When this standard is not met, surely they can expect someone saying something ? Be it a colleague, boss, or outside interested party. 

People cannot go through life thinking they are doing alright, when they are actually below standard.

Are we more in the wrong for letting them know of their failings and giving them a chance to take stock and improve, or merely ignore the failings and let them amble on, lowering the productivity of the organisation and team around them ? ? 

although your correct in theory glaser ......................  

he has a manager  (DJ) who is paid to express those thoughts to him.  

(an because hes on the inside, maybe he knows the best thing for that paticular player, is to leave that sort of chat till morning, sleep on it so to speak) 

im sure if dj wanted you to have an extra word with him, you know, just to drum it in...  im sure he would have asked you.

Cheers....

On a related note ...

I had 2 DM's on twitter today from totally unrelated people. They both told me along the lines of "you needn't worry about McCabe, we are currently finalising the signing of a CM who will be available for Saturday".

Fingers crossed ...

I would genuinely send McCabe out to play regular if true to a league one club. Did Palmer the world of good. Pick the side carefully however, we need a team where he is going to see a lot of the ball and learn how to dictate a game and have an influence on a side in the final 3rd

Needn't worry about McCabe? Why would we need to worry about our best midfielder? The worry is not being able to find a player to play alongside our best midfielder.

Fair enough he had a poor game last night, but he is the ONLY midfielder we have that CAN actually dictate a game. Not one of Semedo, Prutton and Coke, has the ability to do it. None of those 3 are as willing to receive the ball as McCabe is. None of them look as comfortable on the ball as McCabe does. None of them can deliver a ball like him. And none of them have had clubs like Everton sniffing round them.

Rhys's problem may be that he's at the wrong club, at the wrong time, under the wrong manager, playing the wrong system.

If it was down to me personally, I'd be trying to build a team around him that allows him to play his natural game, not forcing him into a system that doesn't suit him.