Zayatte not signing

We currently have Taylor in reserve? Although I think he'll take Llera's shirt this season.

My point being we have 3 highly paid centre halves, we aren't going to add to that with someone who will add substantially to the wage bill when we have ample cover.

The majority of the money we have available should go on a striker, and if needs be bring in loan cover on minimal wages should one of the defenders get injured.

It's not a priority is it.

We also have three strikers. So not sure what point you're trying to make. If anything we have more options in the striking dept. with Antonio and JJ able to provide cover.

Four CBs and four strikers should be standard in this division.

We've never replaced Beevers and our three CBs are all approaching mid-30s and very similar, ie.. not blessed with pace or ball players.

Why do people say this, it should not be aloud.

years ago i worked at a well known Sheffield Engineering firm the gaffer put up a notice saying "anyone known to be consuming alcohol at lunchtime will not be ALOUD back on the premises" .We all went to the pub he went home. :biggrin:

With the squad we have, we can field a team that can compete at this level when everybody is fully fit. I'm happy with that.

I would be even happier if we had one of the following and ecstatic if we had all three:-

• A tough, mobile centre half, which DJ thinks he has found in KZ.
  • A creative central midfielder who can make us tick. Could be expensive, but the previous, cheaper, options are way off at the moment.
  • A clinical striker who could make the most of all the wayward crosses, the occasional decent one and half chances from midfield if we don't get the midfielder.

Surprises and or loans beckon!

I wonder if we might end up paying good money eventually, probably over the odds for someone who wasn't first choice?

Or alternatively, paying good money for players that will never be ours, on loan, probably late on during the season, to save our skins?

No panic yet though. We haven't kicked a ball competitively yet, it's only 1st August, not July (oops!), the transfer window doesn't end until the end of the month, then we have the loan window, then January, then.......

But it's ok because Zayatte, Lita, and Coolhisbelly will all see sense soon. If they don't, they'll end up somewhere rubbish like Blackpool, Huddersfield, or Barnsley, who are lesser clubs, but who are prepared to take a gamble in the transfer market (ambition I think its called).

Ps - they'll all join us in the next 2 days now I've said that

Are we as fans just desperate for someone to sign for us? He looks a good player but he has to sign a contract that suits both him and us not just him. Maybe we are doing things right now rather than just p1ssing money everywhere (as in the 90's) or signing crocks and cast-offs (as in the 00's).

I think so, yeah. You only have to look at the clamour for Couliballilly after only seeing him play for 20 minutes. Although I saw him for 0 minutes so he could be as good as Basile Boli for all I know.

We also have three strikers. So not sure what point you're trying to make. If anything we have more options in the striking dept. with Antonio and JJ able to provide cover.

Four CBs and four strikers should be standard in this division.

We've never replaced Beevers and our three CBs are all approaching mid-30s and very similar, ie.. not blessed with pace or ball players.

I'd rather us sign Lita than Zayatte.

Not that hard to grasp.