Zayatte not signing

Guest wilyfox

We currently have Taylor in reserve? Although I think he'll take Llera's shirt this season.

My point being we have 3 highly paid centre halves, we aren't going to add to that with someone who will add substantially to the wage bill when we have ample cover.

The majority of the money we have available should go on a striker, and if needs be bring in loan cover on minimal wages should one of the defenders get injured.

It's not a priority is it.

^^^ this

a 4th CB is a luxury, not a necessity. I personally feel that Zayatte's arrival would have meant a departure for Taylor.

Are we as fans just desperate for someone to sign for us?  He looks a good player but he has to sign a contract that suits both him and us not just him.  Maybe we are doing things right now rather than just p1ssing money everywhere (as in the 90's) or signing crocks and cast-offs (as in the 00's).   

Edited by shandypants

Are we as fans just desperate for someone to sign for us?  He looks a good player but he has to sign a contract that suits both him and us not just him.  Maybe we are doing things right now rather than just p1ssing money everywhere (as in the 90's) or signing crocks and cast-offs (as in the 00's).   

NAIL ON THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD

You can't argue with that If we can't afford him, we can't afford him Perhaps though we should turn our attention to targets we can afford. Why waste time with these players if they are beyond our reach, it's frustrating for club and supporters.

Guest wilyfox

i don't think so. I want us to sign the 'right players' for Wednesday. On paper, Zayatte is what we needed in a CB, has played with Gardner before at a higher level, a good age, and wanted to sign.

You can't argue with that If we can't afford him, we can't afford him Perhaps though we should turn our attention to targets we can afford. Why waste time with these players if they are beyond our reach, it's frustrating for club and supporters.

I agree, my concern would be why has it has taken until two days before the season starts to discover we cant afford him, why did we not ask from the begining what his salary expectations/agents fee's etc would be. Unless of course someone has moved the goal posts.

Guest wilyfox

Might not be dead in the water, maybe the club just calling the agents bluff.

i reckon. It's up to Zayatte to sort things his end. It's his future...and in his interest to get the outcome he desires.

I agree, my concern would be why has it has taken until two days before the season starts to discover we cant afford him, why did we not ask from the begining what his salary expectations/agents fee's etc would be. Unless of course someone has moved the goal posts.

It would be hard to imagine that it could be anything else.