Who is the best player you've seen, ever?

well i,ve seen pele so it must be him but he wasnt really fit and didnt do much so i,d go for george best circa 68......

Good shout for Besty. Took my American cousins to Hillsboro to see Wedy v Man Utd. We won 5-4. They thought he was like poo off a shovel having been brought up on boring, slow American football.

Maradona tho when I saw him in 1980 at Wembley v England he wasn't quite the genius he was to become indeed the Argentinian I was most impressed with that evening was Daniel Passarella we beat them 3-1 and he scored their goal.

The other daft thing that night was that England debuted a new Admiral Kit and the tracky tops the team came out in were Argie light blue me and my mate spotted Keegan and went nuts and nearly got clumped by a West Ham fan who hadn't and thought we were cheering the Argies as did a large proportion of the 92k crowd judging by the boos that rang round until KK pulled his tracky top down to show his England Shirt underneath.

Guess it depends how you judge it.

Seen Messi a few times and clearly he's the best of his generation and quite possibly of all time. So I suppose it'd have to be him.

As a couple of others have mentioned though, I was fortunate enough to also see Ronaldinho in his pomp. It's easy to forget because he wasn't able to do it for more than a few seasons, but at his very best he was as unplayable as Messi is now. A real genius at work and comfortably the best player on the planet by a considerable distance for a couple of years (around 2004-2005).

Guest Tomboss

Peter Schmichael

For some reason defensive players never get mentioned when it come to 'best players'

And by seen, I mean actually seen, live, in the flesh at a game?

Not including SWFC players.

If not including SWFC players most definetly wrong section!!!!

Anyway the best player I've ever seen live is an easy one to answer for me. I don't really go to much live football other than SWFC but one exception was I attended a Manchester United game once as my auntie was going out with a bloke who had membership. The one game I went to with him was against Galatassaray which happened to be Wayne Rooney's debut. As I'm sure most know he scored a hat trick. He was awesome that night, different type of player to what he is now had pace, power everything

Guest Distraught!

Best Players I've seen live:

Football: George Best

Cricket: Garfield Sobers and Richard Hadlee

Snooker: Ronnie O' Sullivan