Who is the best player you've seen, ever?

Guest SouthLeedsOwl

Id go for

1. Bergkamp (he was simply a genius with a football and for me scored the greatest goal ever playing for Holland against the argies in the world cup....98?)

2. Owen (simply unstoppable in his day)

3. Shearer (his movement and finshing are the best ive seen live)

4. Ronnie Wallwork (what more can i say)

Seen Pele twice in Owls v Santos games.

Saw Beckenbauer twice for West Germany in 1966 WC at Hillsboro.

Someone would have to be proper good to beat them.  Recently- that Jordan Rhodes 4 goal display for Town last season. AND he missed two other good chances.

Not seen Messi live. He'll have retired before we get into Europe. :mad:

And by seen, I mean actually seen, live, in the flesh at a game? 

Not including SWFC players. 

I'll give you four, Pele who is by far and away the best player I ever saw, George Best who COULD have been the best, Stanley Matthews and Gheorghi Hagi

Guest We Shall Overcome

I was 10 saw Ronaldo the Brazilian play for Barcelona went with my dad Bobby Robson was the manager no wonder players like Zidane, Zico etc all say with out the injury that keep him out for 3yrs he would have been the greatest ever, just check out You Tube and watch him 19yrs old Facking unbelievable.      

Saw Luis Figo, Rivaldo and Patrick Kluivert in the Barca side in 1998 and strangely enough Mauricio Pellegrini plus Rafa Benitez was managing the side Barca played ,Extramadura .

Figo scored the winner and about 30k fans fooked off out at halftime because Barca were shockingly bad ............flippingpart timers lol

well i,ve seen pele so it must be him but he wasnt really fit and didnt do much so i,d go for george best circa 68......

I think Pele is the greatest ever but when I saw him in 73 on the hallowed turf he was injured and past his best. To see the greatest player in the world at the greatest ground in the world was enough though!  I saw Best, Charlton and Law  many times and, in that order, they were the best I've seen at their peak. To think they played in the same side is remarkable now.

Guest phshaw

Best players I've seen on TV are Maradona, Messi and Pele.

Best players I've seen live are George Best and Johann Cryuff. Other players who I've seen play live who were special special players include Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, Dave Mackay, Jimmy Greaves, Colin Bell, Gazza, Zola, Dalglish, Law and Waddle.

Guest phshaw

I'd just like to add the greatest individual performance I have ever seen was George Best playing for N.I. against Scotland at Hampden in 1967 (think that was the year). N.I. won 1-0 and Best was breathtakingly brilliant and mesmerising from the first minute to the last.

Dalglish.

Honorable mentions for: Cantona; Schmeichel; Bruce (Steve); Rush; Hughes (Mark); Pele (Abedi); Giggs; Keegan; and Bergkamp.  

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.