Who is the best player you've seen, ever?

Guest GreenGoose

Xavi/Iniesta.

Managed to go to the Camp Nou but Messi had a knock and didn't play. Was not happy.

Gianfranco Zola

Absolutely tore us to shreds during Chelseas 4-1 win over us under Big Ron

One of few times have I seen the whole of Hillsborough stand and applaud when he got substituted for Tore Andre Flo

Special mentions go to Lothar Matthaus and Dennis Bergkamp.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Kanchelskis gave the best individual performance I've seen at Hillsborough however for me the best player I've witnessed is Dennis Bergkamp followed by Zola, Henry etc.

Pele santos v swfc

Beckenbauer W Germany v Switzerland

Both at Hillsborough obviously

Saw John Charles playing in a preseason friendly for Juve v some small village I was staying near in 1972. Juve actually had many of their superstars playing.

JC got a hat trick

Guest Trevor Bidet

Not necessarily the best player but the best ever performance I ever saw from one player was, I think in the late Eighties when we played Liverpool at Hillsborough. Craig Johnstone absolutely bossed the game having a hand in every one  of Liverpools's five goals, including scoring one of them. He was immense that day - a great performance to watch even though we got hammered! David Hirst pulled one back for us but all in vain.

I suppose during my days growing up watching Wednesday it was the Liverpool players who were dominating at English football at the time.

Players like Dalgleish, Rush,Beardsley, Barnes and Hanson were outstanding.

I saw Gazza in his pomp and Linekar, Cantona and Henry.

As for goalkeepers then Southall snd Schmeichel were the best ive seen.

Wednesday players that make the list would be Des Walker, Chris Waddle,Di Canio, Nilsson and Hirst all international class players.

Probably missed a few but it's early, also I don't go to watch other teams just Wednesday so I have never been to a full international game or a foreign game.

Edited by full fathom five

Saw Barca a few years back.

Likes of Henry, Iniesta, Xavi and Puyol.

Messi was only just starting out but his movement without the ball was different gravy.

Ronaldinho stole the show though. They won 3-0, trademark Henry goal sandwiched in inbetween two beautiful free kicks from Ronny.

Thought I'd witnessed Ronaldinho's death that night aswell. He went for a bicycle kick, nearly got it aswell, but landed on the back of his head. He stayed down for a long time!

Gutted I never got to see the likes of Beckham and Zidane though, real idols as a kid.