Performance Of The Week

The League Managers Association five-man Performance of the Week panel, comprising LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, have awarded the Owls the F&C Investments Performance of the Week Award following the 2-1 away win against Millwall in the npower Championship on Tuesday.

Wednesday manager Dave Jones will receive a specially engraved crystal football in a presentation to commemorate the award.

The Owls won their first F&C Investments Performance of the Week Award of the season with an impressive win in the capital when Chris Maguire’s late winner secured three vital points

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

A bit surprising. By no means a vintage team performance or pleasing on the eye.

But it was a good all round hard fought team performance and a season defining result,

just like the away Barnsley victory that altered our bad run and started the turn around of our form and of our season.

Well done to all the players, the whole team, DJ, MM and our fantastic away supporters.

Guest chapeltom

I think we were very lucky to win, we didn't play too well and ground out the result, I'd agree it was more of result of the week than performance of the week!

Guest silvergusy

Good things never happen when awards are dished out so I'm ignoring this and hoping it doesn't somehow affect tomorrow's win for the massive!

Howard : before we start what a flippingresults my lads got

SAF: Hmm any chance my lad can get a result when you play em -if you know what I mean ?

Howard: * cough* can be arranged

BF: That'll do for me then

Basset: what about crawly beatin the mighty blaaaaades 

Howard: nope saw that coming danny's onside ya know *wink*

JR : Hmm DJ a scouser that'll do for me

SAF : *looks at watch again* fooks sake the footy's on 

Howard that's in then done 

Guest Handsworthowl

There must have been some dire performances in the week for us to win this!

"Last minute winner away on a Tuesday, lets choose that"

Guest JonTheOwl66

Maybe they took the possession stats into account? We had 72% according to sky. That's Barcelona territory!

:laugh:

Well thats wrong.