Best Sheffield Wednesday Game You've Ever Been To?

Guest @DSapeyOwl

Guest @DSapeyOwl

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 07.33.54.jpg

Best Sheffield Wednesday Game You've Ever Been To?

I wasn't around for the cup finals, PL years and Wembley appearances etc so mine is by far the 4-4 home draw against Huddersfield last season.

Best Atmosphere however was promotion day last season. Stepping onto the kop at 20 to 3 and seeing all the inflatables bouncing about was flipping awesome!

4-4 vs Huddersfield last season was horrible, purely because it felt like a loss.

3-3 a few seasons back vs Southampton was better, not only due to the last minute equaliser making it feel like a win, but the experience of seeing a goalkeeper score is something that not a lot of people get to see.

Atmosphere wise then Wycombe last season was brilliant.

But seeing the sea of 40,000 Wednesday fans take over Cardiff just tops it. 

4-4 vs Huddersfield last season was horrible, purely because it felt like a loss.

3-3 a few seasons back vs Southampton was better, not only due to the last minute equaliser making it feel like a win, but the experience of seeing a goalkeeper score is something that not a lot of people get to see.

Atmosphere wise then Wycombe last season was brilliant.

But seeing the sea of 40,000 Wednesday fans take over Cardiff just tops it.

I yeah..Cardiff! flipping brilliant!
  • Like 1

4-4 huddersfield, or the 6-2 defeat to man city in 01/02. City were absolutely bossing the league and we were struggling (what's new?). Leigh bromby netted a 20 yard header just after half time to make it 2-2, then city ran away with it in the last 20 minutes. It was genuine Roy of the rovers end to end stuff up to then (even up to city scoring their 5th I remember), just full blown entertainment.

1-0 Away at West Brom on that friday night.

That was unreal the game meant everything to us, and we serioulsy started thinking championship play offs were on the card.

Must of been about 800 wednesdayites there maybe a few more and when Burton scored and jumped into the fans. That was my best ever away game.

Got so many games in my head.

3-3 at home against Fulham when Ian Hendon scored that looping header in the last minute. Amazing.

Brentford away last season.

Last season id put nearly every game we won because we were just brilliant.

When we beat West Ham at Upton Park in the cup one year and Owen Morrison scored.

Got so many games in my head.

3-3 at home against Fulham when Ian Hendon scored that looping header in the last minute. Amazing.

Brentford away last season.

Last season id put nearly every game we won because we were just brilliant.

When we beat West Ham at Upton Park in the cup one year and Owen Morrison scored.

Ashley Westwood, wasn't it?

The away leg at Brentford in the play offs. I loved it. The dancing in the streets behind the away end after is something i'll never forget.

I went in 91 and 93 but was possibly to young to appreciate it all.

I'm probably the only wednesdayite that doesn't put Cardiff in my top 5, the amount of one game a seasoner's round me on that day just wound me up too much to enjoy it!