Michael Chopra.

Guest mcduk

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Nile Rangers previous off the field "antics" are pretty shocking to be honest, didn't derail our promotion push last season having him here did it?

Perhaps there's just a chance that Chopra might actually be grateful for a chance (whether or not he deserves it) to rescue his career. I also think Dave Jones prides himself on being able to manage these types of characters.

Good points, well argued. I just see it this way, it doesn't seem ideal when we're scrapping to stay in the League as opposed to being in a promotion battling situation?

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

Nile Rangers previous off the field "antics" are pretty shocking to be honest, didn't derail our promotion push last season having him here did it?

Perhaps there's just a chance that Chopra might actually be grateful for a chance (whether or not he deserves it) to rescue his career. I also think Dave Jones prides himself on being able to manage these types of characters.

Maybe, but how many more gambles are we going to have to take?

Doesn't look like we have much choice now anyway.

This is our lot in life, loans are what we do and it's either untried kids or old pros who've lost their way and are in need of an arm around the shoulder He would be a risk, but if it comes off, we might still be a championship club come the end of the season

Good points, well argued. I just see it this way, it doesn't seem ideal when we're scrapping to stay in the League as opposed to being in a promotion battling situation?

It's a fair point and and in an ideal world we wouldn't need to make such a gamble but the longer this run continues the more desperate our situation gets and it could be the type of gamble we might need to make.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

The last thing we need is another player with a big reputation whose best days are behind him.

Agreed. We need some more fearless warriors to get us out of this war. Just like the guy in your avatar :biggrin:

Good God no!.................the guy is clearly in a bad way at the moment , we already took one risk with a maverick "plays when he wants to" type player with Bothroyd and thats failed dismally so far, so the last thing we need is another player with baggage.

Plus on top of all that i dont rate anywhere near as highly as most on here seem to.

For me Chopra isn't the answer, totally lost his way and can't get near ITFC first team (who are below us)!!!!!

I don't know the answer but there has to be better options out there,

What i do know is that the thought of watching football in LG1 again is depressing!!!!!

Time for DJ & MM to pull something out of the hat, i think we still need 2 strikers and an exp Mid player

It might help, playing some of them in the right place and playing some of our other players in their proper positions?

And it might also help, sending Bothroyd and Rodri back or getting rid of a few others?

Whoever we bring in though, won't make much difference. We've got too many problems and areas to sort.

A striker or two won't paper over the rest of our problem areas and lack of warriors!

We're a shambles. :st2:

Can't get rid of Bothroyd until 1st Jan. We signed a loan agreement that we would pay a percentage of his wages until then, so we are stuck with him. We could send him back now, but we would still have to pay his wages, unless QPR agreed to waive it and pay them all themselves - which isn't going to happen.