Michael Chopra.

Guest mcduk

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

We're crying out for an EXPERIENCED Championship striker with a good goal scoring record at this level and for me Chopra would be ideal.

Yes he's lost his way since moving to Ipswich but perhaps coming back to play for a manager who he knows well could help kick start his career.

It'd be just the chance that he's been waiting for and with it being a loan move, we'd have little to lose.

Little to lose?

Ain't you forgetting DJ's job? And our place in the League?

Why, do you want another lazy disruptive has-been like Jay Bothroyd? PLus one who drinks and gambles his career away?

My, god we're turning into DJ's Loony XI FC, we may as well change our clubs colours to white coats, whilst DJ is at it? lol

We're crying out for an EXPERIENCED Championship striker with a good goal scoring record at this level and for me Chopra would be ideal.

Yes he's lost his way since moving to Ipswich but perhaps coming back to play for a manager who he knows well could help kick start his career.

It'd be just the chance that he's been waiting for and with it being a loan move, we'd have little to lose.

This is what Bothroyd was brought in for!

We dont need another striker. We have 6-7 players who can play up front. Lets use what we have: Bothroyd, CoG, Madine, Rodri, Maguire, Pecnik until the January window opens, then assess the situation then of moving some out and bring some in. The fact DJ tried to get in Wickam last week, suggest sheer desperation on his part and further highlights that the strikers he has bought has all failed.

This suggest that the chances of another striker coming in and failing is very likely and will create further unrest in the club. Our best option forward is to try to get the best out of what we have and we should stick to that approach. Madine needs more time up front and with the right service Im sure he will score goals.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

It might help, playing some of them in the right place and playing some of our other players in their proper positions?

And it might also help, sending Bothroyd and Rodri back or getting rid of a few others?

Whoever we bring in though, won't make much difference. We've got too many problems and areas to sort.

A striker or two won't paper over the rest of our problem areas and lack of warriors!

We're a shambles. :st2:

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

When people keep mentioning Rodri/Bothroyd back, I'm fairly sure that their parent clubs would expect some sort of compo seen as we've agreed to pay their wages until the end of the season/January.

Don't think it's as simple as keeping the receipt and swapping an unwanted Christmas jumper.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

When people keep mentioning Rodri/Bothroyd back, I'm fairly sure that their parent clubs would expect some sort of compo seen as we've agreed to pay their wages until the end of the season/January.

Don't think it's as simple as keeping the receipt and swapping an unwanted Christmas jumper.

Send em to the loony/senile has-been farm then along with DJ! lol

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Chopra won't get us goals. We need Romario

Wrong we need Julio 'the Beast' Baptista, to go with all our Beevers, elephants, dogs, badgers, foxes and giraffes... lol

Little to lose?

Ain't you forgetting DJ's job? And our place in the League?

Why, do you want another lazy disruptive has-been like Jay Bothroyd? PLus one who drinks and gambles his career away?

My, god we're turning into DJ's Loony XI FC, we may as well change our clubs colours to white coats, whilst DJ is at it? lol

You're jumping to the automatic assumption that a loan move for Chopra wouldn't work and base it entirely opinion and nothing else. He hasn't drunk and gambled his career away as you put it, a move to Ipswich Town hasn't worked out for him. Sometimes certain moves for players just don't work out.

Jones has turned Chopra into one of the leading strikers in the division just a few seasons ago, who's to say he won't do it again?

As for your comments about Bothroyd, I'm guessing that you're just guessing when you refer to him as disruptive and like so many in here, you've completely written him off without seeing him get a run of games up front while match fit.

Edited by TrickyTrev

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

You're jumping to the automatic assumption that a loan move for Chopra wouldn't work and base it entirely opinion and nothing else. He hasn't drunk and gambled his career away as you put it, a move to Ipswich Town hasn't worked out for him. Sometimes certain moves for players just don't work out.

Jones has turned Chopra into one of the leading strikers in the division just a few seasons ago, who's to say he won't do it again?

As for your comments about Bothroyd, I'm guessing that you're just guessing when you refer to him as disruptive and like so many in here, you've completely written him off without seeing him get a run of games up front while match fit.

Fair enough. But drinking before a crucial promotion game at Middlesborough, whilst DJ was the boss, doesn't fill me with optimism.

Infact, it fills me with worry. Especially when you see Bothroyd's lazy, couldn't care less attitude out on the pitch.

And now DJ wants or fans are suggesting, he goes for more of his lazy disruptive chums, i.e. Chopra and Jerome! lol

Do you want our dressing room to be destroyed? Do you want us to go down?

It would be a good way of going about it, which DJ seems to be doing a good job if he wants us to go back down and win games again.

Anyone would think he wants to lose his job and be paid off?

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

Fair enough. But drinking before a crucial promotion game at Middlesborough, whilst DJ was the boss, doesn't fill me with optimism.

Infact, it fills me with worry. Especially when you see Bothroyd's lazy, couldn't care less attitude out on the pitch.

And now DJ wants or fans are suggesting, he goes for more of his lazy disruptive chums, i.e. Chopra and Jerome! lol

Do you want our dressing room to be destroyed? Do you want us to go down?

Jees, are you okay m8, I've never seen a light hearted or positive post from you regards anything sheffield wednesday..... :picnic:

Guest wilyfox

initially, i wasn't pleased at the prospect of Chopra - but i've changed my opinion. we need a natural finisher; Chopra may be a little out of sorts, but he can finish. at 28/29, there's still life left in him.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Jees, are you okay m8, I've never seen a light hearted or positive post from you regards anything sheffield wednesday..... :picnic:

Actually, DJ's lunacy as cheered me up in a funny way.

I want the best for the Wednesday obviously.

Just don't agree with a lot of what DJ's doing lately.

That might be negative, but DJ's tactics and his attitude are a lot more negative than that.

By the way I was full of optimism at the start of the season, in the summer, last season.

Has I foolishly am, at the beginning or end of every season.

It what a fan is all about.

Why would any fan, be happy when their club looks like going down?

I want to see Wednesday competeting, surviving and doing well.

Not playing like a bunch of tarts, without any fight, with little class, not scoring and conceding bag fulls....

If you dislike my concern for the team I support. Then, I don't care less, Just ignore my posts or whatever. ;)

Can't you take a bit of criticism, worry or differing opinions, just like DJ?

lol