Michael Chopra.

Guest mcduk

Actually, DJ's lunacy as cheered me up in a funny way.

I want the best for the Wednesday obviously.

Just don't agree with a lot of what DJ's doing lately.

That might be negative, but DJ's tactics and his attitude are a lot more negative than that.

By the way I was full of optimism at the start of the season, in the summer, last season.

Has I foolishly am, at the beginning or end of every season.

It what a fan is all about.

Why would any fan, be happy when their club looks like going down?

I want to see Wednesday competeting, surviving and doing well.

Not playing like a bunch of tarts, without any fight, with little class, not scoring and conceding bag fulls....

If you dislike my concern for the team I support. Then, I don't care less, Just ignore my posts or whatever. ;)

Can't you take a bit of criticism, worry or differing opinions, just like DJ?

lol

Did you go on saturday?

They played well, unlucky. They showed fight, class etc. We created more chances than forest, they had 2 good chances and we scored an own goal. DJ can't do much more, he set them up well, they defended well, got into great attacking positions and created clear chances.......he can't make them take these chances. The players have to stand up and be counted, Bothroyd, Pecnick, Madine all missed great chances.

I too am hurting with the results etc but I'll continue to go and support the team, If we were to be relegated this season I'd still get my season ticket and go to away games, its what I do, I don't have a choice, I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan.

Edited by mcduk

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

You say, missed chances. Can't they score any, then?

If they're so great, don't you think they'd be putting some away?

I have a laugh on here. I criticise, I post optimisitc and negative views.

Its all part of being a fan.

I don't see what your problem is McDuck?

We're all fans.

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

Guest chuckie4570

Not seen in Nandos or Kfc but everything is falling into place for DJ to have his former lodger on his sofa until jan 1st. lol

Must need some more money to pay off his gambling bet.....!!!

You say, missed chances. Can't they score any, then?

If they're so great, don't you think they'd be putting some away?

I have a laugh on here. I criticise, I post optimisitc and negative views.

Its all part of being a fan.

I don't see what your problem is McDuck?

We're all fans.

Who said they were "so great"?

Confidence is so low at the minute, you can see the players want it so bad.......Chris kirkland was shooting everytime we shot, he was going mad when we were missing chances, every player looked distraught after so to say a select few are not bothered in other posts or they are useless is silly.

When DJ turns it round, if he is given until Jan he will......then all the posters who are slagging him now will be praying we go on another bad run so they can get their claws out again.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Chopra and Treacy please.

Chopra no thanks, Treacy yes please.

Although Treacy, Batth, a midfield general and strikers should've been recruited in the summer.

And not in a emergency loan window panic spree. ;)

Still mixed feelings about Chopra, but we need someone and he has a good track record Footballers drinking before matches, OK it's not professional, but many have done it. The revered David Hirst liked a drink or two, but you don't here people slagging him. If DJ decides to take a punt on Chopra, then I'm happy. After all, he's worked with both him and Bothroyd. Now I'm not sure whether they will be able to recreate their partnership, but I'd be more confident of them getting the goals than any of our existing forwards.

Do you want our dressing room to be destroyed? Do you want us to go down?

No of course I don't, I'm a Sheffield Wednesday supporter, same as you.

I just think that bringing in a proven Championship goal scorer who might actually be within our price range and available (unlike some of the other names thrown about on here) would be a good way if converting some of the chances we're creating and not sticking in the back of the net, increasing our chances of actually winning games, something we're not doing at present.

Do me a favour, go and have a look at Chopra's goal scoring record at this level and then come back and tell me he doesn't have it in him to score a few of these chances we're creating, especially considering he's still in his late 20's.

Also with regards to your comment about the dressing room being destroyed, again you're just guessing and basing that comment on no fact at all.

You're jumping to the automatic assumption that a loan move for Chopra wouldn't work and base it entirely opinion and nothing else. He hasn't drunk and gambled his career away as you put it, a move to Ipswich Town hasn't worked out for him. Sometimes certain moves for players just don't work out.

Jones has turned Chopra into one of the leading strikers in the division just a few seasons ago, who's to say he won't do it again?

As for your comments about Bothroyd, I'm guessing that you're just guessing when you refer to him as disruptive and like so many in here, you've completely written him off without seeing him get a run of games up front while match fit.

Maybe, people are looking at the details below, and basing their opinions on those facts. He sounds pretty unsavoury to me.

On 28 August 2008, it was announced that he had checked into a rehabilitation clinic including some time at the Sporting Chance clinic.[45] He was re-admitted to the same clinic for three weeks in October 2011.[44] On 14 December 2011 it was announced that Ipswich Town had given Chopra £250,000 to help pay off his gambling debts.[46]

Chopra was also banned from driving for 56 days by Chelmsford magistrates in December 2011, for an offence which took place on the A12 at Colchester on 13 September. Chopra appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court later and was given a six-month driving disqualification and ordered to pay a fine of £400.[citation needed]

On 4 October 2012, Chopra was one of three footballers among a group charged by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) over an investigation into "suspicious betting activity". The allegations focus on horses being laid to lose on betting exchanges

I hate Chopra. 2 seasons ago I had him in a pre season 4 player accumulator of top scorers in each division. He was on fire at the beginning but faded. Other 3 won their divisions. One more goal would have won me a fortune. A fortune.

F00k off Michael Chopra.

(I do rate him tho)

I'm sure if you put Madine's litany of offences down on paper, you wouldn't want him anywhere near our football club. There are plenty of flawed characters in football as there are in all walks of life.

I don't want him near our club. He's been done for scrapping which is bad enough, but you can straighten that out in somebody. Alcoholism and gambling addiction are totally different matters though, and if Chopra's been troubled by that for a number of years, the odds are he'll continue to be troubled by it. The wife works with alcoholics, and gamblers, and they drag everybody down with them. Somebody like Madine just drags himself down.

Edited by Wolfmanjack

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

No of course I don't, I'm a Sheffield Wednesday supporter, same as you.

I just think that bringing in a proven Championship goal scorer who might actually be within our price range and available (unlike some of the other names thrown about on here) would be a good way if converting some of the chances we're creating and not sticking in the back of the net, increasing our chances of actually winning games, something we're not doing at present.

Do me a favour, go and have a look at Chopra's goal scoring record at this level and then come back and tell me he doesn't have it in him to score a few of these chances we're creating, especially considering he's still in his late 20's.

Also with regards to your comment about the dressing room being destroyed, again you're just guessing and basing that comment on no fact at all.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Ipswich's downfall isn't much of a coincidence if you look at some of the players they brought in.

Especially Chopra, regarding his continuing off the field and disruptive problems. Which is more worrying to me, rather than whether or not he can convert chances.

Do you really, think it will benefit us having a player in the dressing room who continues to gamble his livelihood and promising career away?

Who is embroiled in a horse fixing/betting scam. Has been done for drinking and other things. These are the types of players we should be avoiding.

But DJ for whatever reason, seems to like that sort of player. Bothroyd is a example, as is Ranger, etc

Its not much of a surprise, then that it appears we go down without a fight in games, have low confidence, poor team spirit, etc

Players also quarrel among themselves too like playground children. Which can't help matters, when we're scrapping for our survival in this League.

And sorry, if I offended you. We're all Wednesday, regardless. Its okay to disagree and have differing opinions.

We just want what's best for Wednesday.

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

Chopra could be a Warren Feeney style sign of desperation. He has a great record but has really struggled to get over his personal issues.

After being linked to Whickham it would seem there is very little available. But perhaps DJ could get the best from him.

Edited by Bluesteel

Chopra could be a Warren Feeney style sign of desperation. He has a great record but has really struggled to get over his personal issues.

After being linked to Whickham it would seem there is very little available. But perhaps DJ could get the best from him.

Comparing Chopra to Warren Feeney is like comparing Beyonce to Vanessa Feltz

Nile Rangers previous off the field "antics" are pretty shocking to be honest, didn't derail our promotion push last season having him here did it?

Perhaps there's just a chance that Chopra might actually be grateful for a chance (whether or not he deserves it) to rescue his career. I also think Dave Jones prides himself on being able to manage these types of characters.