With 442 COG could be the answer

The thought of COG going out on loan disappoints me.

He is a great professional and does not necessarily fit the system DJ employs but he is still our leading scorer. A testimony to his effort and determination.

I think he could be key playing a Heskey like role alongside a quality striker that likes to run the channels.

Guest Wilf Marshall

He shouldn't be going on loan unless DJ has decided that he won't be near the first team anymore.

If that is the case then you have to ask why-

- At the start of the season DJ doesn't rate him and he looks to be on his way

- A few games in DJ starts to rate him and plays him as a lone striker.

- After 10 or so games DJ no longer rates him.

Did he just give him a shot and has realised what we knew already?

He might be better with a fast strike partner but it seems like we won't find out now.

He should be going to League 1 though not Barnsley.

Edited by Wilf Marshall

If we were signing someone like Frazier Campbell, then I could see the pair of them working, though we'd still have all the problems that persuaded us ditch 442 in the first place. COG and Wickham or COG and Madine, no thanks, thank goodness that type of football is over. I do like Chris O'Grady and with a quick clever striker alongside him, he could be effective but not in the system we are playing now

Lone striker doesn't suit anyone to the best of their abilities, COG just plays it the best of our available strikers but of course he's best in a front two. Again though, he's not a target man.

Was talking to a defender today who has played against COG several times and he said he and his fellow defenders remember him as a real thorn in the side. Good touch, skill, good in the air, as strong as they come, can hit the ball well etc etc. We'd be very foolish to let a player with all these attributes leave us.

Guest intercity0wl

Lone striker doesn't suit anyone to the best of their abilities, COG just plays it the best of our available strikers but of course he's best in a front two. Again though, he's not a target man.

Was talking to a defender today who has played against COG several times and he said he and his fellow defenders remember him as a real thorn in the side. Good touch, skill, good in the air, as strong as they come, can hit the ball well etc etc. We'd be very foolish to let a player with all these attributes leave us.

He is often mentione by opposing managers, as providing the physical presence that we lack when he is not playing.

He is wa*k -his first touch is shocking and he doesn't score goals

I also disagree. Think his touch is excellent.

Big strong lad, who holds the ball up very well. Very rarely he looses it with his back to goal.

Would be disappointed to see him leave. Think he has got something about him. Why not play him alongside Bothroyd or Madine?

Obviously Madine and Grady didn't work last season due to the way we played under Megson, but with Jones and our passing style, it might suit.

I also disagree. Think his touch is excellent.

Big strong lad, who holds the ball up very well. Very rarely he looses it with his back to goal.

Would be disappointed to see him leave. Think he has got something about him. Why not play him alongside Bothroyd or Madine?

Obviously Madine and Grady didn't work last season due to the way we played under Megson, but with Jones and our passing style, it might suit.

It really isn't. And its not just about his first touch, its also his second touch - which is usually a challenge for the ball as he has lost it.

He's a workhorse, and we Wednesday fans seem to appreciate that, but the fact of the matter is Madine has a much better first and second touch - he doesn't mess around with it - controls the ball, lays it off to bring other people into the game.

He shouldn't be going on loan unless DJ has decided that he won't be near the first team anymore.

If that is the case then you have to ask why-

- At the start of the season DJ doesn't rate him and he looks to be on his way

- A few games in DJ starts to rate him and plays him as a lone striker.

- After 10 or so games DJ no longer rates him.

Did he just give him a shot and has realised what we knew already?

He might be better with a fast strike partner but it seems like we won't find out now.

He should be going to League 1 though not Barnsley.

Anything is possible in terms of outgoings

DJ seems to constantly change his mind about players, methods etc

Yes s'pose he's entitled and paid to do so to get the best result but never seem to know which way he will turn next.

He stated always plays to win ? Chases Maguire then dont play him ? Slates Llera, drops him, reinstates him,then slates him again.

Beevers gets new contract and then is loaned out, Mattock, Lee ,Rodri etc

COG going out on loan doesn't make any sense. He is our best equipped striker to handle playing up front on his own.

If we are moving him and going 442, that makes even less sense as 442 allows Bothroyd to play with COG/Madine - still no need to move COG on.

For me the big issue is having to swamp the midfield to accommodate Barkley. I know he's good and going to become a top player, but if you have play an extra covering midfielder to accommodate him, maybe he's not quite ready yet for the championship.