Remember Dave Allen's 5 year plan when he was chairman?

I know I am possibly going to get murdered for this but here goes.

When Dave Allen appointed Paul Sturrock the plan was:

Season 1: Promotion to the championship.

Season 2: Avoid relegation.

Season 3: Mid table

Season 4: Try and achieve promotion.

Season 5: If not successful achieve promotion

This seems like a more realistic approach to take now, we achieved promotion last season and I think this should be our build up.

Personally I think the form we are in I would be more than satisfied with only avoiding relegation this season because I don't think some people realise just how difficult the championship is.

I think a four year plan like above with a bit of stability would actually bring more success to Hillsborough in the long term than if we bounced straight up into the premiership on the back of last season, look at Southampton now? Personally I think they are way out of their debt in the premiership and I fear that is what we would be next season if we got promoted.

Finally I think Dave Jones needs to stay on as manager, he has brought in a huge bunch of players who have a record of potential success, but like many new teams it takes time to settle, remember we still have 30 league games and a long way to go yet.

Dave Jones has a proven record of success in the championship and in the premiership and remember he has only been manager of Wednesday for nine months, to be a successful manager you need time (look at Sir Alex Ferguson).

Sheffield Wednesday have had too many managers in the last 15 years and on the whole it has got us nowhere, we need stability to achieve success.

Edited by SheSaidNoEvans

I don't understand season 4 and 5?

Season 4 Try and achieve promotion, Season 5 if not successful achieve promotion?

But then DA preferred the 441 formation, and hurt just as much as the fans when we lost....

We were also about 5 billion quid in debt under DA, the goalposts have now moved, and with the expectation.

Edited by royalowlisback

That plan misses out alienating the fan base, taking loyal customers to court over ridiculous comments and dismantling a quality young side.

I think the OP will be well aware to those terrible aspects to DA but the OP is not talking about off the field events and only to do with the clubs position in relevant leagues.

I think the OP will be well aware to those terrible aspects to DA but the OP is not talking about off the field events and only to do with the clubs position in relevant leagues.

Somewhat of a simplistic approach to take, wouldn't take much to derail and could be testing to stick to.

Get to the premier league asap then put your long term plans in place, even if you just have one season up there your reputation is enhanced on a global scale and you have some real money to play with. If you're sensible with it you get long term stability.

Guest zico sterland

4 sell up and make a healthy profit. Who would blame him,will always be the man who saved the club,but he is not premiership rich.

Allen's master plan was to create a half decent team with money we didn't have supplemented by short term loan signings to cover any cracks.

Didn't work.

Millan's master plan is to prod along with a cheap as chips patch work team supplemented by short term loan signings to cover any cracks..

I'm guessing it won't work.

Nothing wrong with being thrifty and not getting into debt again, just don't expect us to break from the bottom four.

i think mm 5 year plan is (ignoring alan irvine failure)

1 promotion to the championship

2 midtable

3 promotion to the premiership

4 stay up

5 start working to be a solid premiership side again.....

Surely it was simply Europe in 5 years

It was certainly cunning.....................