So, What's Going On With Gary Madine?

After signing Maguire, Rodri, Pecnik and Bothroyd how do you rate DJ's judgement on strikers. Therefore sending out the best striker we have on loan should come as no surprise to anyone. Before anybody throws the Bothroyd capped for England thing in the ring, does anyone know how many England centre forwards were injured or suspended that week?

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

It seems as though we are playing a certain formation to ensure certain individuals start!

Jones' loan signings have been a disaster send them all back apart from Barkley!

Using logic, I would assume that since Bothroyd and Rodri were loaned to us with a future fee already agreed, then their clubs are happy for those players to leave. If they want them out, then surely they wouldnt want a clause which says we can send them back. If they cant get rid of the player, then at the very least they can get some of their wages paid for the player for the rest of the season.

We can't play two up front because Barkley can't play in a 442 formation

Nail on the head.

Because 14 matches at the end of last season and 5 matches at the start of this season we played 4-4-2

It works... Football is simple, keep it simple and play the right players in the right positions!

Another nail on another head.

If DJ wants to change it to 4-4-2, why doesn't he just put Barkley either on the right wing or play him up top (just off) Madine and don't let him worry about the defensive side?

Then play Semedo & Lines (if he's fit enough) as the midfield two, with JJ (or Mayor) & Antonio wide.

(yes I realise that would mean Jay Bothroyd is dropped).

Can't happen, unfortunately. But it does look like we are contractually allowed to haul him off after 70 minutes :rolleyes: . What a bloody stupid situation in which to put our club.

If DJ wants to change it to 4-4-2, why doesn't he just put Barkley either on the right wing or play him up top (just off) Madine and don't let him worry about the defensive side?

Then play Semedo & Lines (if he's fit enough) as the midfield two, with JJ (or Mayor) & Antonio wide.

(yes I realise that would mean Jay Bothroyd is dropped).

i like that idea braddaz especially the last sentence :rolleyes::biggrin:

Guest MASSIVE1867

Agree that Madine is our best finisher. He needs a run of games and a partner up front.

I think he'll come good when DJ has gone

Looked like the better side when cog and goal machine where on

As many times as we say it that boy is part of a bright future for us and sending him out on loan now will do one of two things spur him on to greatness or destroy any good feeling he has left towards the club. How would you feel to be pushed so far aside when you have proven you're better than what's favoured time after time.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

We should stick all of our strikers upfront together. Play 4 or 5 up front and we still probably wouldn't score with DJ as manager lol

There's two ways of looking at it, yes he might be miffed if he's sent out on loan, but he might feel even worse when a new striker comes in and he's fourth choice again. He's young enough, he's very much part of our future but he needs to be playing games, so take the loan.

Heaven forbid if the court case goes badly wrong and he's locked up what then? Without him, Maguire injured and Bothroyd stuck in midfield, we'll be down to two strikers. With no obvious candidates to move out, well ones that clubs might want, how would we free up the wages for a new striker? Would we have to pay his salary while he was banged up?

Guest Ripley Owl

I just want 2 strikers up front, Madine and Rodri, I don't want a striker holding the ball up, or playing the ball into midfield I just want them to get in the box and cause problems. Simple, and Madine and Rodri are the best at that.

Good post !

I just want 2 strikers up front, Madine and Rodri, I don't want a striker holding the ball up, or playing the ball into midfield I just want them to get in the box and cause problems. Simple, and Madine and Rodri are the best at that.

I have said it before but i will repeat. Bothroyd and Rodri upfront in a 442 is the way. Madine, I think, is the deputy in waiting for JB. COG is not good enough but could still do a job as an away from home man in the current formation should it be needed, but away from home only as the situation dictates.