So, What's Going On With Gary Madine?

Happened a few, one time chested the ball and did some bizarre dive in hope of getting a free kick.

I'm not trying to have a go, he came in, ran for 90 mins and got a goal. He did well overall but the amount of times he falls to the ground rather easily frustrates me and many others.

I noticed he won some good free kicks too though. There was also a great chest down and pass to a team mate in the second half that you would expect more from someone like rodri.

Guest Paulos_Medication

get the flippin defence sorted then 442 can be played ,build from the back ,madine did his job last night how many others did ,

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Trev sorts it with one sentence.

I would imagine that Jones wants to bring in a striker to improve our conversion rate, but with an already bloated squad Mandaric has told him we need to lose someone for the same period. After Maguire's injury, presumably Madine was the only option remaining that there was any interest in. Plus it somes with the potential bonus of a player who has been low on confidence getting some back before returning here.

As for him starting last night, didn't Sky say that O'Grady had a slight foot problem?

We can't play two up front because Barkley can't play in a 442 formation

probably true, but he isn't our player and never will be.

We're not here to facilitate Ross Barkley's development. If it's not working DJ should be looking to change it.

If we don't play 2 CF's we don't have enough goal threat to win a game.

Can I be boring and use some stats .

We have got 15 points this season.

12 of those points were earnt when O Grady started games.

The other 3 points were against Millwall. A game we were losing 2-1 until Madine was replaced by Chris O Grady.

We have also dropped points againt Hull and Palace, games we were level in until Cog was replaced by Madine.

It does seem we are a better team with COG in it.

Fraser Campbell

??

As a lone striker...

Can't see it

Neither can I see Jones changing his system in the next two games, Forest Away, Leicester at home....

We need a type of striker that there aren't many of... strong and powerful, yet a good finisher

Or, we could sign Rodri, Pecnic and Mayor.... :wacko:

I know what you mean but you also have to take the league position and formation into account

both strikers have played in 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 formations. Whats league position got to do with anything

both strikers have played in 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 formations. Whats league position got to do with anything

Just that you're saying that O'Grady is the better striker yet we're right at the bottom of the league

My theory being that if you played Madine instead all season we 'might' have scored more and been higher in the division

Owlstalk Shop

Guest jaks6owl

I think it might have been a made up story to give him a kick up the backside he looked sound last night needs to play to the whistle think he hesitated on his second chance against Bolton he feel for thinking he was offside thanks to the keeper a loan for him isn't so simple either with him being on bail

Just that you're saying that O'Grady is the better striker yet we're right at the bottom of the league

My theory being that if you played Madine instead all season we 'might' have scored more and been higher in the division

But we 'might' be adrift at the bottom of the table if he had played regular.

Guest waistline ye diddle

Played well last night. Won everything in the air, brought the ball down whenever he could to link up with others. also up against woodgate who is a quality defender.

If DJ wants to change it to 4-4-2, why doesn't he just put Barkley either on the right wing or play him up top (just off) Madine and don't let him worry about the defensive side?

Then play Semedo & Lines (if he's fit enough) as the midfield two, with JJ (or Mayor) & Antonio wide.

(yes I realise that would mean Jay Bothroyd is dropped).