So, What's Going On With Gary Madine?

DJ is trying to ship him out on loan next week but starts him up front (on his flipping own) last night.

I thought he did ok and took his goal well (offside or not). I think the lad is our best finisher and should have had far more game time than he's had so far.

Really puzzled by this. It should be Madine + 1 other every time for me.

Guest Big Guns

He delayed the loan cos cogs ankles injured and he couldn't play 90 mins

We need to clear players out to bring Cameron Jerome or Fraser Campbell in

Guest 1banana2banana

I just want 2 strikers up front, Madine and Rodri, I don't want a striker holding the ball up, or playing the ball into midfield I just want them to get in the box and cause problems. Simple, and Madine and Rodri are the best at that.

Maybe it gave him the kick up the bum he needed?

Also, I felt he did alright last night although. For a so called 'hard man' he certainly hits the floor very easily on the pitch.

We can't play two up front because Barkley can't play in a 442 formation

Why is everyone obsessing over 4-4-2?!

How many times did this happen last night ?

Happened a few, one time chested the ball and did some bizarre dive in hope of getting a free kick.

I'm not trying to have a go, he came in, ran for 90 mins and got a goal. He did well overall but the amount of times he falls to the ground rather easily frustrates me and many others.

Guest UnbelievableJeff

Happened a few, one time chested the ball and did some bizarre dive in hope of getting a free kick.

I'm not trying to have a go, he came in, ran for 90 mins and got a goal. He did well overall but the amount of times he falls to the ground rather easily frustrates me and many others.

Like the guy... but it was a good 8-9 times in the first half...

We can't play two up front because Barkley can't play in a 442 formation

This is exactly it.

We are playing a formation to suit individuals rather than the greater good of the team. When those individuals - of which there are only 2 anyway - aren't playing, we get nowhere.

Maybe it gave him the kick up the bum he needed?

Also, I felt he did alright last night although. For a so called 'hard man' he certainly hits the floor very easily on the pitch.

Why is everyone obsessing over 4-4-2?!

Because 14 matches at the end of last season and 5 matches at the start of this season we played 4-4-2

It works... Football is simple, keep it simple and play the right players in the right positions!