Player ratings

Guest waistline ye diddle

Was impressed with Madine tonight. won everything in the air. brought it down when he could to try and bring others into play. held it up nicely over all. Antonio was awful for first 15 but then came to life looked cracking but faded. Partly at fault for first goal by not tracking hoyte. left Jones exposed but he then chose the wrong option of not following the runner and pressing the ball (jones was pretty poor).

Middle three looked ok, compact, though far too rigid when going forward. would have liked to have seen barkley attack the pen box more. bothroyd, as I said in the other thread, touch of class about him but his laid back style isn't going to win any fans unless we are winning and he blatantly isn't a winger.

Kirkland didn't have much chance with any goals. CBs looked ok but troubled when boro moved it quickly and ran in behind.

First half we matched them. second not so good.

Kirkland- 6

Buxton- 5

Llera- 5

Gardner-6

Jones- 4

Antonio- 6.5

Barkley- 5

Corry- 5

Semedo- 5

Bothroyd- 4

Madine- 6.5

Madine impressed me. Did the lone striker role significantly better than he did against Blackburn a few weeks ago. Antonio was (as ever) our only real threat from open play.

Christ the full backs were bad, and we got smashed to bits in midfield despite playing 5. They rinsed us and we barely got a kick for long periods at a time as we sat off and watched them.

It was like watching the England national team...

Guest Rowleyowl

This is my 1st post but how the flipping hell can people give Danny jones jones 3's and 4's when the kid is kept being left exposed by his left midfielder with it be Antonio or bothroyrd ,when they don't give him any support and like 2night he has had 2 and sometimes 3 players 2 deal with

This is my 1st post but how the flipping hell can people give Danny jones jones 3's and 4's when the kid is kept being left exposed by his left midfielder with it be Antonio or bothroyrd ,when they don't give him any support and like 2night he has had 2 and sometimes 3 players 2 deal with

Terrified with the ball.

Crossing was woeful

Can't beat a man

Was supposed to be quick but got beat to the ball every time

Didn't push forward enough

Not strong enough

Our weak link at the back and was exploited yet again.

I can't think of one plus point for him

Terrible on the ball.

Terrible off it.

Not the only reason we lost in the slightest, but a reminder of why he couldn't get in our League 1 team and we had to shift a CB (Reda) to do the job that Jones is paid to do.

flip me, a poster with sense! I thought me and a few others were.the only people to realise this!

I didn't know being exposed against 2-3 players warranted a rating of 4 and according to one clown, a zero!

Kirkland- 6

Buxton- 5

Llera- 4

Gardner-4

Jones- 4

Antonio- 6

Barkley- 4

Corry- 4

Semedo- 4

Bothroyd- 3

Madine- 6

Only madine and antonio had anything like decent games. The defence were decent at times only to make woeful individual mistakes the three centre midfielders are embarassed week in week out, our three can rarely cope with the oppositions 2. If bothroyd starts at forest then jones has to go.

Guest Rowleyowl

Terrible on the ball.

Terrible off it.

Not the only reason we lost in the slightest, but a reminder of why he couldn't get in our League 1 team and we had to shift a CB (Reda) to do the job that Jones is paid to do.

So if the kid hasnt support off his left midfielder what the flipping his he supposed 2 do follow the ball or follow a player who hasn't? Then leave the player with the player with a clear run on goal when gardener can't catch a cold

Guest MASSIVE1867

I thought Jones was awful. Awful. Scared on the ball, out of position most of the time, crossing was woeful, no pace. He was exploited by Boro for most of the match, as they realised (like other teams have this season) he was a weak link in out fragile defence.

A 2, at best.

He was

I feel for Jones a wee bit cos Both never bothers his arse to track back. Remember that old saying "I can make myself look stupid I don't need you to help me do it"? Nuff said............

K = 6

B = 4

L = 6

G = 5

J = 4

A = 7

S = 5

B = 5

C = 6

B = 3

M = 6

Jones(Mgr) = 5

kirkland 6 feel sorry for him

buxton 4 his biggest fan but he was poor , really poor

llera 3 generous. just because he scores the odd goal doesnt hide the fact he's an ageing lower league defender with questionable ability

gardner 5 best of a bad bunch

jones 3 out of his depth , if mattocks worse than him then why was he signed ?

antonio 6 worked hard with little or no help

corry 5.5 /6 started brightly , faded badly

semedo 5 worst performance for a while

barkley 5 not his best performance by a long way

bothroyd 5 the fact people are wanting the equally ineffective jj pretty much sums his performance out wide

madine 6.5 won headers, chased around , nice touches and scored