Player ratings

I thought Jones was awful. Awful. Scared on the ball, out of position most of the time, crossing was woeful, no pace. He was exploited by Boro for most of the match, as they realised (like other teams have this season) he was a weak link in out fragile defence.

A 2, at best.

Generous to give Madine 6. He was only able to score by being way offside and was generally absolute garbage. League one here he comes.

On the lighter side the American commentator in my TV stream said "Madine used to have his problems off the pitch but keeps his nose clean these days"... when a court date beckons within a week.

Generous to give Madine 6. He was only able to score by being way offside and was generally absolute garbage. League one here he comes.

On the lighter side the American commentator in my TV stream said "Madine used to have his problems off the pitch but keeps his nose clean these days"... when a court date beckons within a week.

You must have been watching a different match cause other than Antonio he was the only one doing anything decent. Won most of the balls to him, controlled and passed it off and got in some decent shooting positions and even scored a goal. Not sure what more you want from a striker.

Guest wilyfox

Bothroyd a 6 ?!?! that was as inept a performance he could give. his touch was poor, gave the ball away alot, and everytime he tried to strike a shot the ball pinged into no-man's land.

You must have been watching a different match cause other than Antonio he was the only one doing anything decent. Won most of the balls to him, controlled and passed it off and got in some decent shooting positions and even scored a goal. Not sure what more you want from a striker.

He doesn't deserve a comparison to Antonio in any other regard than their similar transfer fees. Antonio is predictably our only threat, game in and game out.

He doesn't deserve a comparison to Antonio in any other regard than their similar transfer fees. Antonio is predictably our only threat, game in and game out.

I didn't compare him to Antonio, but you obviously weren't watching the match if Madine is the player you've picked as the one you're going to slate for having a bad game. There were 9 other players on the pitch who were all much worse than him. He had a decent game, unfortunately the most of our other players didn't today.

Kirkland - 5

Buxton - 5

Gardner - 5

Llera - 5

Jones - 3

Antonio - 7

Corry - 6

Semedo -5

Barkley - 5

Bothroyd - 3

Madine - 6

Got to get rid of bothroyd, Dan Jones and this flipping 4-1-4-1. Too negative.

Centre backs too slow.

Despite playing three centre midfielders we were outmanned

Madines link up play was more effective than cog has been.

Antonio is our only threat.

Got to go two upfront.

Kirkland - 6

Buxton - 4

Llera - 3

Gardner - 4

Jones - 4

Antonio - 6

Barkley - 4

Semedo - 4

Corry - 4

Bothroyd - 4

Madine - 6

With the exception of Madine, Antonio and Kirkland, I think I'm being generous with those ratings.

We didn't press the play which meant that we allowed a footballing team to play football. We're defensive lightweight in midfield and short up front when we play one up there. We went to 4-1-4-1 to stop shipping goals - well that's seems to have worked!

To be fair to the players, they are working under the instruction of the manager, therefore, Dave Jones gets a rating of 1.

I didn't compare him to Antonio, but you obviously weren't watching the match if Madine is the player you've picked as the one you're going to slate for having a bad game. There were 9 other players on the pitch who were all much worse than him. He had a decent game, unfortunately the most of our other players didn't today.

So you think all the 6s for Madine would have stayed at six without a goal? He was poor, as was virtually everyone else granted.