http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/full-time-sheff-wed-2-posh-1-dire-followed-by-dour-1-4440523

An interesting article writtrn for Posh fans

Here's a quote...Wednesday actually went on to have have four big shouts for a spot-kick rejected and two of them looked nailed on as Shaun Brisley was lucky to avoid sanction for grabbing and hauling Michail Antonio down and Nat Knight-Percival was similarly fortunate when barging Miguel Llera to the ground.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/full-time-sheff-wed-2-posh-1-dire-followed-by-dour-1-4440523

An interesting article writtrn for Posh fans

Here's a quote...Wednesday actually went on to have have four big shouts for a spot-kick rejected and two of them looked nailed on as Shaun Brisley was lucky to avoid sanction for grabbing and hauling Michail Antonio down and Nat Knight-Percival was similarly fortunate when barging Miguel Llera to the ground.

That is a brilliant article TBF.

I love his cynicism.

Good reporting.

I like this quote;

'Wednesday had clearly done their homework successfully as they sat deep and picked Posh off. A cross into the penalty area was never going to be a problem.

It was a long wait for Ferguson to fulfil his media duties after the match, quite possibly as he had a long list of moans to deliver to his players,'

I like this quote;

'Wednesday had clearly done their homework successfully as they sat deep and picked Posh off. A cross into the penalty area was never going to be a problem.

It was a long wait for Ferguson to fulfil his media duties after the match, quite possibly as he had a long list of moans to deliver to his players,'

Quality. We only scored half our goals (and created most of our good chances) from crosses into the penalty area...

Edited by townend_owl

Quality. We only scored half our goals (and created most of our good chances) from crosses into the penalty area...

ermmmm hes talking about peterborough not us

Some very poor refs about at moment.

Not only ours was poor yesterday.

Norwich v Stoke awful decision for free kick leading up to Norwich taking lead.

Michael Brown should have been sent off v Brighton, definitely a second yellow card when he blatantly pulled Brighton player down.

And the offside decision in Bolton Cardiff game was unbelievable, clearly onside and goal should have stood.

Some very poor refs about at moment.

Not only ours was poor yesterday.

Norwich v Stoke awful decision for free kick leading up to Norwich taking lead.

Michael Brown should have been sent off v Brighton, definitely a second yellow card when he blatantly pulled Brighton player down.

And the offside decision in Bolton Cardiff game was unbelievable, clearly onside and goal should have stood.

Brown then went on to get the equaliser. How does this to55er keep getting away with it?

today's ref missed 2 clear cut penalties, but on the other hand I thought Barkley was lucky not to get a red card in the first half.

this........as soon as he went in with his studs up i thought he's gone, couldnt believe that he only got a yellow.

I think you're right - was saying on the way out that the ref was looking out for Antonio. Two decisions were clear cut.

Antonio didn't help himself with his dramatic dive tho. Yes he was caught and it should've been a pen, but the way he went down made it look like a dive

It was interesting to see Tony Pullis's post match comments on Match of the Day. He somehow saw a foul on Charlie Adam after said midfielder clearly and blatantly simulated ('dived' in proper language). We all get poo refs but the managers and players make these refs jobs a lot harder than they should be. Pullis's has been calling for sanctions against players that simulate but he's becomes blind when Adam, the game's chief exponent of said tactic, cheats in this way.