Four clear penalty shouts today, some other bizarre descisions, as well as singing "you don't know what you're doing" it's clear to me that these referee's aren't up to the required standard, we should also sing "This game's too big for you, this game's too big for you"

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest wahey89

It's tough being on the end of dubious decisions and we don't seem to have a hope of ever getting a penalty but blaming the ref is a bit lazy, you gotta just get on with it and accept it..I believe the run of the ref goes in waves

Four clear penalty shouts today, some other bizarre descisions, as well as singing "you don't know what you're doing" it's clear to me that these referee's aren't up to the required standard, we should also sing "This game's too big for you, this game's too big for you"

today's Ref was dire to say the least,

after the crowd got on his back, he tried to hurry our players on

for throw in's/corners etc

Hats off to Jay for giving him a round of fookings

I agree, though I don't think there bad because they make mistakes - I think they are trying to demonstrate that they aren't going to be influenced by the big crowd but its to the detriment of their performance.

I think you're right - was saying on the way out that the ref was looking out for Antonio. Two decisions were clear cut.

He came across as arrogant. The way he told players to "zip it" with all the theatrics; did nothing to defuse situations and probably wound players up more. Looked like he was squaring up to Bothroyd at one point from where I was sat.

Being a referee is as much about enforcing the rules as it is about managing a game of football. Having that attitude is going to do nothing except make your own life more difficult.

On top of all that he was just an utterly awful ref.

I agree, though I don't think there bad because they make mistakes - I think they are trying to demonstrate that they aren't going to be influenced by the big crowd but its to the detriment of their performance.

Totally agree with you, tbh I think there is no other reason now, too much of a coincidence, but in the Prem it works for the home clubs.

Guest wadsgod

today's ref missed 2 clear cut penalties, but on the other hand I thought Barkley was lucky not to get a red card in the first half.

Hmmm. I don't know... I think he got the first Antonio penalty shout right. Antonio went down very easy and was looking for it. If the boot was on the other foot and a Peterborough player had gone down in similar circumstances, you'd be livid if it was given. It looked like a bit of an Ashley Young tumble if I'm honest.

Second penalty shout was much stronger - Antonio had managed to get in front of his man and there appeared to be sufficient contact to knock him off balance.

Can't remember the other penalty claims.

Edited by SquirrelSlingshot

Hmmm. I don't know... I think he got the first Antonio penalty shout right. Antonio went down very easy and was looking for it. If the boot was on the other foot and a Peterborough player had gone down in similar circumstances, you'd be livid if it was given. It looked like a bit of an Ashley Young tumble if I'm honest.

Second penalty shout was much stronger - Antonio had managed to get in front of his man and there appeared to be sufficient contact to knock him off balance.

Can't remember the other penalty claims.

The first one was very similar to the first one Huddersfield were given against us. Another was a cross from Daniel Jones which hit the defenders hand. Again was given against us for Huddersfield. The one that should have been a penalty was an absolute blatant push on Llera just before he scored. Still can't believe all the officials missed that.