An Awkward Situation

Me and a colleague at work were having a discussion regarding Wednesday. One rather interesting question arised - "Would you want Wednesday to lose if it meant United not going up?" Obviously, this is hypothetical since the snorters are back below us as they belong.

So let me put this scenario to you -

In the Championship, it's the last game of the season and Wednesday will finish midtable regardless of their last games result. Wednesday are playing a team in second place and this team needs to better United's result (who are in third) to secure promotion. It is halftime and United are 3-0 up, cruising to a victory. It is 0-0 in Wednesday's game.

So would you take a Wednesday victory (which would send the Blades up), or take a meaningless loss (to prevent the Blades going up)?

Personally, I HATE to see Wednesday lose any game. I'd also hate the porcine tw@ts gloating about going up as well.

It's an awkward situation....

What would you rather have?

Guest duggyowl7

I would personally want us to win, as firstly i only care about my club not those piggys downtown. However if we did win and it meant united going up, we'd just say you wouldn't have gone up without us, frustrating them

Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and sh*t.

Discuss.

Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and sh*t.

Discuss.

I love this.

Me and a colleague at work were having a discussion regarding Wednesday. One rather interesting question arised - "Would you want Wednesday to lose if it meant United not going up?" Obviously, this is hypothetical since the snorters are back below us as they belong.

In the Championship, it's the last game of the season and Wednesday will finish midtable regardless of their last games result. Wednesday are playing a team in second place and this team needs to better United's result (who are in third) to secure promotion. It is halftime and United are 3-0 up, cruising to a victory. It is 0-0 in Wednesday's game.

So would you take a Wednesday victory (which would send the Blades up), or take a meaningless loss (to prevent the Blades going up)?

Personally, I HATE to see Wednesday lose any game. I'd also hate the porcine tw@ts gloating about going up as well.

I'd take a Wednesday loss if nothing was to play for. Or I would want Wednesday to win leave it half time get to the Sheffield united match and pull out a rifle and shoot the piggies keeper after they have used all there subs so then the opposing team would have an advantage and win win both ways but come on Pigs above Wednesday haha next joke.

Discuss.

where would windows come from then?

Guest Bedders

That's not an awkward situation........

I'll tell you an awkward situation.... Imagine for a second you're in the queue for a drink at Boro before the match. Your missus wants a Smirf Ice & they've ran out. She's gone to the loo or is yacking with some mates......Do you:-

1. Leave the queue and find out what substitute would be suitable......risking the angst of those already in the queue...holding everyone up & rejoining the front of the queue as a seen queue jumper or

2. Guess the drink knowing that if you get it wrong you will not understand 'her' & it will be non returnable as it will be opened / poured etc or

3. Go back with no drink at all & get the silent treatment all match for being inconsiderate & thinking only of oneself?

Discuss!!!!

Edited by Bedders

Discuss.

Genuine tears in the eyes laughing at this.

You have consistently made me laugh over the last ten years+ so thanks.

Discuss.

Brilliant.

Guest EnochOwl

I'd want the score to be a draw until the last min of xtra time. Then COG blasts one in to our own net on purpose and celebrates to our own fans. Everyone laughs at Utd and throws red an white inflatable pigs about ont kop!

I'd want the score to be a draw until the last min of xtra time. Then COG blasts one in to our own net on purpose and celebrates to our own fans. Everyone laughs at Utd and throws red an white inflatable pigs about ont kop!

In the unlikely event of the scenario outlined by the OP ever happening. It will be so far in the future that COG's career will have ended years before.

Forget them, they're an irrelevance.