Liam Palmer

Decent player, was a good decision to loan him out this season, he certainly has got quality, he'll never be as good as somebody like Ross Barkley but he does have a fair amount of talent, he also always seems to apply himself well and I think we can use him,

Hopefully he'll come back physically stronger after a year playing regularly, then he should be given a chance to prove himself, its up to him then to show what he's really got.

This more or less sums it up for me

£6k are you mad! Jesus Christ. Liam doesn't talk about wages or anything like that in public. It's absolute bullshit who ever has said he's going around asking for £6,000 a week. He is a down to earth lad who enjoys playing football. He is not the type to go in asking for silly amounts.

Wednesday as a club will not pay MASSIVE wages.

Can anyone hazard a guess how much Barkley is on a week? We only pay a percentage of his wage and Everton pay the majority... But go on hae a guess... Bare in mind he is only 18

Guest pwilkysowls

All I know is he is a greedy get where money is concerned!! £6k a week isnt enough so he wont be staying at Tranmere, his words not mine!!

footballers go for the best deal

this includes money whats wrong with that greedy ? no i dont agree

All I know is he is a greedy get where money is concerned!! £6k a week isnt enough so he wont be staying at Tranmere, his words not mine!!

Hard to believe that Tranmere offered him 6k a week, even hardered that he turned it down.

£6k are you mad! Jesus Christ. Liam doesn't talk about wages or anything like that in public. It's absolute bullshit who ever has said he's going around asking for £6,000 a week. He is a down to earth lad who enjoys playing football. He is not the type to go in asking for silly amounts.

Wednesday as a club will not pay MASSIVE wages.

Can anyone hazard a guess how much Barkley is on a week? We only pay a percentage of his wage and Everton pay the majority... But go on hae a guess... Bare in mind he is only 18

8k?

Palmer has been doing great in a team playing some very nice football. Formed a good partnership with James Wallace. He will make a good footballer, not sure what level yet but he has plenty of potential. Get him signed and if he isn't good enough we should at least get something for him.

He's definitely got something, people saw it in the friendlies a couple of years ago and despite the standard of opposition in those games I think he proved it in the competitive ones to a certain extent.

He had to get a regular run of games this season, he's 21 after all. He seems to have played a big role for Tranmere, playing with confidence (I saw one of the dummies he did for a teammate's goal) and enjoying it.

As much as 'Ronnie Moore's a w@nker' (Hillsborough, February 2002) he's a good manager and Palmer will learn a lot working with him, as looks to have been the case so far.

Really? I thought that's what the young lads get before they're offered a pro contract?

Not sure pal but according to my mate he's on 600 a week plus 500 per appearance and 500 per goal. Says he's had a few chances to move on but he's desperate to make it at Wednesday

Not sure pal but according to my mate he's on 600 a week plus 500 per appearance and 500 per goal. Says he's had a few chances to move on but he's desperate to make it at Wednesday

find it hard to believe a club would pay for the goals you score.