Two photos from the Leeds United game taken within a second of each other

post-4683-0-80733700-1350848529_thumb.jp

West Stand Lower - Leeds United Fans (just ripped the advertising hoardings off the West Stand upper, hitting one of their own junior fans, and charged the corner where scuffles broke out with police and stewards as they tried to get onto the North Stand I assume)

post-4683-0-60964300-1350848624_thumb.jp

North Stand - this is the 'riot' that Mr Mann the MP was referring to.

No Wednesday fans looking for trouble, none trying to approach the Leeds United fans. Look at the white seats to the left that Wednesday fans could quite easily have all moved into - virtually completely empty

Look at the front of the North Stand - any Wednesday fans making a dash for the Leeds fans on the West ? Nope

Owlstalk Shop

post-4683-0-80733700-1350848529_thumb.jp

West Stand Lower - Leeds United Fans (just ripped the advertising hoardings off the West Stand upper, hitting one of their own junior fans, and charged the corner where scuffles broke out with police and stewards as they tried to get onto the North Stand I assume)

post-4683-0-60964300-1350848624_thumb.jp

North Stand - this is the 'riot' that Mr Mann the MP was referring to.

No Wednesday fans looking for trouble, none trying to approach the Leeds United fans. Look at the white seats to the left that Wednesday fans could quite easily have all moved into - virtually completely empty

Look at the front of the North Stand - any Wednesday fans making a dash for the Leeds fans on the West ? Nope

at last,this is what we have been waiting for.

I'm afraid this is ballacks. Plenty in the North Stand rushed towards Leppings Lane, even though this picture didn't capture it. The chain of events is quite straightforward in my opinion. Leeds fans sing Jimmy Saville and Dave Jones songs, and a few of our lot singTurkey songs, which was reacted to by the Leeds fans. The goal came just at the wrong time, and one simpleton ran on the pitch. It could easily have been one of our simpletons, like against Palace and Burnley a few years.

All the above was made worse by a fair amount drinking from mid afternoon. Making ourselves out to be angels is making us look worse, in a similar way that this MP is making the Leeds lot appear worse than they are. Both clubs, like most clubs, have their fair share of morons.

NO NO NO THERE IS QUITE CLEARLY A RIOT IN THE NORTH STAND.

This.

Its quite clear that the north stand are rioting in unison, continous staring, pointing and blinking are three common actions throughout rioting. I think we have all the evidence we need to close the North stand forever.

This.

Its quite clear that the north stand are rioting in unison, continous staring, pointing and blinking are three common actions throughout rioting. I think we have all the evidence we need to close the North stand forever.

That's some scarily aggressive blinking!!! Sh!t me sen looking at that

I'm afraid this is ballacks. Plenty in the North Stand rushed towards Leppings Lane, even though this picture didn't capture it. The chain of events is quite straightforward in my opinion. Leeds fans sing Jimmy Saville and Dave Jones songs, and a few of our lot singTurkey songs, which was reacted to by the Leeds fans. The goal came just at the wrong time, and one simpleton ran on the pitch. It could easily have been one of our simpletons, like against Palace and Burnley a few years.

All the above was made worse by a fair amount drinking from mid afternoon. Making ourselves out to be angels is making us look worse, in a similar way that this MP is making the Leeds lot appear worse than they are. Both clubs, like most clubs, have their fair share of morons.

From where I was all the missiles came from the lepp, a very few were thrown back, they charges us, very few rushed down from the North, they sang constant vile songs all game we made two chants around the 70 min mark, more then one of their fans ran on the pitch, about 5 I think, they ripped up seats and Advertisement boards so I think it was more then 50/50 pal.

The distinction is that for most clubs it's an insignificant minority that can easily be dealt with and self-policed.

With Leeds it's not just an insignificant minority, but a significant minority bordering on majority. There were hundreds of them involved. Half the bottom tier moved over towards the NW corner, and streams of them were coming down the stairs from the top tier to get involved as well.

Edited by nebneeb

You need to get your facts right. There were 7 or 8 Leeds fans encroaching on to the pitch. Also you should be clear on how many supporters were involved in the singing of inflammatory songs. In wednesdays case you are correct in stating it was just a few and not obvious to many supporters in the ground. However on the other foot it was the vast majority of Leeds fans who were singing the JS and DJ songs out very loud. You also overlook the fact that seats were ripped out and advertising hoardings damaged.

From where I was all the missiles came from the lepp, a very few were thrown back, they charges us, very few rushed down from the North, they sang constant vile songs all game we made two chants around the 70 min mark, more then one of their fans ran on the pitch, about 5 I think, they ripped up seats and Advertisement boards so I think it was more then 50/50 pal.

Our fans sang songs about 2 Leeds fans that got murdered in Turkey. I've no time at all for Leeds United, but if they'd sang about the 2 lads who died en route to Coventry, I suspect the issue would have been reversed.

You need to get your facts right. There were 7 or 8 Leeds fans encroaching on to the pitch. Also you should be clear on how many supporters were involved in the singing of inflammatory songs. In wednesdays case you are correct in stating it was just a few and not obvious to many supporters in the ground. However on the other foot it was the vast majority of Leeds fans who were singing the JS and DJ songs out very loud. You also overlook the fact that seats were ripped out and advertising hoardings damaged.

Or on TV. When I watched it back I couldn't hear any Turkey chants from the North, but the songs Leeds sang were clearly audible.