Two photos from the Leeds United game taken within a second of each other

Just my view. Before the Turkey songs it was a decent game, in a good atmosphere. The Jones and Saville songs were aborrant, but we just expect it from them, and almost ignore it. No excuses for what happened, but the Turkey stuff, like the Munich rubbish, changes the whole atmosphere in a match, and that's what we saw on Friday, when a few hundred pissheads took exeception.

In society there are people who are scarred for life by the actions of child abusers, however, their scars are not visible and they don't get the chance to ignore it, it eats away

I would wager some were present in the crowd on friday night, we'll never know though because they have dignity and don't show their anger by smashing up stadiums

Your statement sums up a very poor defence of the Leeds fans and you ought to be ashamed by saying we should accept it as the norm from them

Sometimes vulva goes to far in trying to put the other side. Shame as he can be a voice of reason on occasion. This time he's come off looking like an apologist for the Leeds scum element.

Nothing that happened on Friday night has any place in football. Nothing justifies it. Regardless of how look north will paint it later.

In no way am I defending the Leeds fans. My point remains that without the Turkey songs I don't think this would have happened, and prior to these songs there was no hint of serious disorder in the ground. Like I said, the songs were compounded by the timing of the goal. This view doesn't excuse the Leeds fans in any way.

Leeds fans, in general, are a disgrace, and have been for a number of years, and the ones that came on the pitch should be banned for life.

It's quite clear to me that a leeds fan has dropped a pound coin near that corner and all they are doing is helping the stewards look for it.

It's also clear that some of our fans have a menacing look on their faces and I'm sure I can lip read one of them shouting 'muppets' while pointing at the away end. Completely disgraceful.

lol

I'd say that without the vile chants about Dave Jones there would have been no chants about Istanbul. How far back do you want to go?

Exactly. In my opinion, the 'Istanbul' chanting is not the reason why some of the Leeds fans behaved badly - it is just a poor excuse. I strongly suspect that those Leeds fans would have behaved badly anyway. A cynical person would argue that certain 'Leeds' people are trying to shift the blame (or at least half the blame) in an attempt to mitigate any (probable) sanction against LUFC.

Anybody think Mr Mann's version of events was swayed by the club he supports?

he's a politician, and a uk politician at that, so that completely rules out any chance at all that he wasn't telling the whole truth...

add to that he supports the most heinous of clubs, with support that aims to seek new lows all the time...

dirty l**ds were labelled that as a result of their on field antics...

however since they have stooped well below that with their off field antics...

and as the fa continually fail to sufficiently sanction them, they get stronger and worse with their loutish, and thuggish behaviour, and now it is supported by mp's of all things, who should know better...