Two photos from the Leeds United game taken within a second of each other

If you blow the second photo up (north stand) you can quite clearly see two ball boys plotting 'the riot'. They are discussing tactics and had a cunning plan. I know this because the ball boy on the left is my twelve years old son. They had planned to wander up to the leeds fans and shout obscenities like " you're all gits" and "leeds are rubbish" and while the leeds fans were laughing at them the Wednesday fans could start the riot. The plan however didn't work, some leeds fans started throwing coins and the two ball boys found a couple of quid each and said "stuff the riot lets go and get some sweets" So off they went, hence, no riot.

That's some scarily aggressive blinking!!! Sh!t me sen looking at that

Organised blinking is what were looking at. Its a dirty crime, and one that's hard to prevent. I fear that wearing blinkers like racehorses, eye patches like traditional pirates or shades are the only alternatives, and even then there's the arm and hand actions to deal with.

You need to get your facts right. There were 7 or 8 Leeds fans encroaching on to the pitch. Also you should be clear on how many supporters were involved in the singing of inflammatory songs. In wednesdays case you are correct in stating it was just a few and not obvious to many supporters in the ground. However on the other foot it was the vast majority of Leeds fans who were singing the JS and DJ songs out very loud. You also overlook the fact that seats were ripped out and advertising hoardings damaged.

As per my previous post we had fans singing about 2 murdered fans. Our lot managed to rip up advertising hoardings in a Lge 2 match at Rochdale.

If you blow the second photo up (north stand) you can quite clearly see two ball boys plotting 'the riot'. They are discussing tactics and had a cunning plan. I know this because the ball boy on the left is my twelve years old son. They had planned to wander up to the leeds fans and shout obscenities like " you're all gits" and "leeds are rubbish" and while the leeds fans were laughing at them the Wednesday fans could start the riot. The plan however didn't work, some leeds fans started throwing coins and the two ball boys found a couple of quid each and said "stuff the riot lets go and get some sweets" So off they went, hence, no riot.

But would this hold up in court?

I mean shouting Leeds are rubbish is pretty much guarenteeing a lengthy stretch in the clink.

Our fans sang songs about 2 Leeds fans that got murdered in Turkey. I've no time at all for Leeds United, but if they'd sang about the 2 lads who died en route to Coventry, I suspect the issue would have been reversed.

Which was bad but it still wasn't 50/50, it was a handful, it was 1000s from them plus our chants came after constant abuse form them all game, I'd hazard a guess that the same would of happened at Huddersfield just as easily or anywhere for that matter.

As per my previous post we had fans singing about 2 murdered fans. Our lot managed to rip up advertising hoardings in a Lge 2 match at Rochdale.

So you mention Rochdale and the Tragic deaths at Cov to gain weight to your argument, why not stick to the facts as to what happened on Friday like?

Which was bad but it still wasn't 50/50, it was a handful, it was 1000s from them plus our chants came after constant abuse form them all game, I'd hazard a guess that the same would of happened at Huddersfield just as easily or anywhere for that matter.

Rightly or wrongly, the single catalyst for the trouble on Friday night was the Turkey songs, and the timing soon after of Michael Tonges goal. Without those, none of this would have happened.

But would this hold up in court?

I mean shouting Leeds are rubbish is pretty much guarenteeing a lengthy stretch in the clink.

I know what your'e saying there Enchanter so I told him off big style for being 'nawty' then took his sweets off him. He won't be planning any more riots for a long time. Bloody lovely them lemon bon bons an all lol

How many coins did they need to pick up to make it to two quid? lol

Rightly or wrongly, the single catalyst for the trouble on Friday night was the Turkey songs, and the timing soon after of Michael Tonges goal. Without those, none of this would have happened.

Rubbish, that's like saying lets let the Leeds scum sing what they like but hey, lets watch what we say because we might make them riot.

They were looking for trouble all night you could see that.

Edited by TaxiMark

I'm afraid this is ballacks. Plenty in the North Stand rushed towards Leppings Lane, even though this picture didn't capture it. The chain of events is quite straightforward in my opinion. Leeds fans sing Jimmy Saville and Dave Jones songs, and a few of our lot singTurkey songs, which was reacted to by the Leeds fans. The goal came just at the wrong time, and one simpleton ran on the pitch. It could easily have been one of our simpletons, like against Palace and Burnley a few years.

All the above was made worse by a fair amount drinking from mid afternoon. Making ourselves out to be angels is making us look worse, in a similar way that this MP is making the Leeds lot appear worse than they are. Both clubs, like most clubs, have their fair share of morons.

Spot on post. Both sets of fans were to blame. A lot of our fans don't seem to want to acknowledge this.

Are you for real?

Just my view. Before the Turkey songs it was a decent game, in a good atmosphere. The Jones and Saville songs were aborrant, but we just expect it from them, and almost ignore it. No excuses for what happened, but the Turkey stuff, like the Munich rubbish, changes the whole atmosphere in a match, and that's what we saw on Friday, when a few hundred pissheads took exeception.

Are you for real?

Two turkish chants were made from us, and constant Dave Jones is a paedophile, One Jimmy Saville, he shags who he wants, Seats ripped up, Advertisement boards ripped up, and our goalkeeper gets slapped in the face by a thug, but hey both fans were as bad as each other.

Vulva (and BEEF) As much as i think the Turkey chants are out of order, I also think you two are out of order for pinning more of the blame towards the North stand. now.