Gary Cooper - chairman of the Leeds United Supporters Trust

Guest davet30

All this chanting is being mentioned purely to draw attention away from the real issue, and it's working

Does anybody involved with Leeds United actually believe that this lad smacked Kirkland because of chants about Galatasaray? No, he went to the match, purely to cause trouble any way he could, because he's a scumbag and a massive waste of space and air.

Paddy Kenny got a bit of stick, but nobody blamed him for the chants about Jones and ran on the pitch to smack him for it, idiotic chanting happens everywhere, its unfortunate but it does, assualting goalkeepers does not, and I really hope the authorities dont pay attention to these pathetic none arguments from Leeds, and take the strongest course of action possible.

I used to think the Leeds scum thig was a bit out dated and harsh but having been sat in the pub with a host of them on Friday they have it as part of their identity. Not just a small group of drunk thugs amongst a wider group but the whole pub, young and old, men and women were doing the whole "we are Leeds scum" and " bring your vodka and Charlie" routine.

Having been away with Wednesday a few times there are of course a few cringe moments with the odd group but I got the impression that this lot just wanted to try and live up to some kind of nasty or intimidating reputation, like millwall the other week.

There's a fine line between being a good set of vocal fans and being a bunch of ***** and I get the impression Leeds quite enjoy pushing it a bit.

As Dave jones says, if there are Leeds fans who don't like being tarnished with the same brush then perhaps the majority should take a different approach. Because at the moment I see your average Leeds fan vilifying the extreme acts whilst adopting the "no one likes us and we don't care" (they evidently do care) slightly edgy attitude whilst in large groups.

I used to think the Leeds scum thig was a bit out dated and harsh but having been sat in the pub with a host of them on Friday they have it as part of their identity. Not just a small group of drunk thugs amongst a wider group but the whole pub, young and old, men and women were doing the whole "we are Leeds scum" and " bring your vodka and Charlie" routine.

Having been away with Wednesday a few times there are of course a few cringe moments with the odd group but I got the impression that this lot just wanted to try and live up to some kind of nasty or intimidating reputation, like millwall the other week.

There's a fine line between being a good set of vocal fans and being a bunch of ***** and I get the impression Leeds quite enjoy pushing it a bit.

As Dave jones says, if there are Leeds fans who don't like being tarnished with the same brush then perhaps the majority should take a different approach. Because at the moment I see your average Leeds fan vilifying the extreme acts whilst adopting the "no one likes us and we don't care" (they evidently do care) slightly edgy attitude whilst in large groups.

I posted smewhere else the conversation I had with the bristol Police a couple of years ago wher he said they enjoyed wednesday fans going down there because apart from a few who had a few too many it was always good natured and they had very little to do...I don't think that ANY police force including West Yorkshire will say that about Leeds fans

its proportion to my mind.

The Istanbul chants were so loud ( not saying there weren't any cos obviously there were ) that i never heard them just beyond halfway towards the Kop in the north that must be a whole 60/70 yards away from our more moronic fans, which would suggest that it was a very small minority of Wednesdayites singing them yet the Savile chant from the away end rang round the ground cos the vast majority were singing it.

Also in threads on here and other sites fans have stated they got into rows with the morons chanting about Istanbul didn't see much remonstrating with anyone in the Leeds end about chanting nor the wa nker who smacked Kirkland.

The smoke bomb while being a minor event just illustrates what could have happened they smuggled that in could just have easily smuggled a knife which obviously would made the Kirkland incident a whole different ball game.

As for The Revie thing read Emlyn Hughes Autobiography to understand why he was so disliked by everyone bar Leeds Fans foook me i wouldn't have observed a silence for that cooont but then i wouldn't for George Best either but Busby was a great of British Football no matter that he was synonymous with Manure

Ive listened to the audio of Gary Cooper who is surprisingly well informed for someone who wasn't at the match and talk about being one eyed.

Guest wadsgod

I was in the Leeds end on Friday night.

Firstly let me say, I along with most do NOT condone what that scrubber who ran on the pitch did, in fact we can all do without it im sure. (the kid is banned and appanrently was know 'online' from a few years ago selling season tickets on Leeds forums, taking the cash then not sending anything. Proper little ******).

As for all the rest, what is the fuss? Sure, the Advertising board incident is bad and I hope that kid is ok, (didnt see what happened, did it fall or was or kicked off?) but as for all the finger pointing....comon...you lot know that one of your away days 2(?) seasons ago had loads of owls away fans tearing down adverts and lobbing them then down into your own fans (causing a fair few injuries to your own)

We also know that it was just Leeds fans throwing stuff (although nothing was thrown to my knowledge from either side until the Turkey chants, the irtst time ive heard anything about Turkey since Millwall last year). I saw the chairs from the Leeds end, I also saw the coins from the Owls in the North corner.

As for the vile chants, seriously? Every side sings this stuff. I think I hear songs about Warnock at every game....think Ivesung about Warnock in the past before he came to us. Is Warnock complaining though?

Im not here to argue hos right and wrong and I wont reply to any posts as it will only end up in 'internet argueing' but although events went too far on friday (the kid who went on the pitch), football in this country needs (imo) livening up, the atmosphere in football in general is pretty poo pooe and nights with 2 sets of fans singing makes for a much better atmopshere and sees much higher attendences.

I can count 3 occasions in the last 4 years where Leeds players have been punched by fans on the field of play. Nothing was made of this whatsoever (much like the Crystal Palace incident) but this was vile Leeds so something must be done?

Just think its blown out of all proportion. That kid should get all he deservers (stretch inside imo).

For what its worth, thought we were poo pooe and you lot deserved the win. We have been very very poor in our last 3 games, but seeminly we are harder to beat these days.

Leeds fans sing vile chants about Dave Jones, Jimmy Saville & the hillsborough disaster, Wednesday fans retaliate with vile chants about Turkey resulting in Leeds fans chucking the dummy out. So what I'm trying to say is if you can't take it then don't give it, ok fella now do you get it.

You areright, of course there is a world of difference. Then again, the same applies to owls fans talking about looking out for Turks carrying knives wouldnt you agree? Personally, if DJ is goign to bring up accusations of vile chanting on the night, I dont think he should pretend the song from the north stand didnt happen : 'Always look out for turks carrying knives, haha haha hahah ha hah' Do you?

Maybe he didn't hear it. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I sit on the South Stand and didn't hear it either.

Guest silvergusy

Leeds u from Sheffield doesn't get it because he is Leeds scum and a complete coont.

Everyone on here's tried to explain it in plain English but just believes it was justified or called for because of what our fans chanted.

Deluded Leeds scum idiot, nothing more but possibly less.