Gary Cooper - chairman of the Leeds United Supporters Trust

Guest davet30

Leeds U from Sheffield.

Seats being torn up and thrown into the home end and onto the pitch (correct me if I'm wrong but not only is that both dangerous and stupid, it's also criminal damage), advertising boardings being kicked out of the front of the stand onto your own fans, songs praising a suspected masd pedophile and sex offender whilst chanting about an innocent man being a pedophile, a mini pitch invasion after the goal and other than our keeper being attacked you can't understand the fuss??

I suppose being a Leeds United supporter you genuinely can't understand the fuss as this is probably a regular sort of away day for you. I seem to remember your fans tearing seats up and chucking them onto the pitch in a cup game a few years back over at Bramall Lane.

There is a world of difference between the chants about Warnock (which even he himself in the past has acknowledged as 'banter') and the ones aimed at Jones. Neil knows this, but as usual he's up to his old tricks. There is a massive difference between calling someone a w@nker and calling someone a kiddy fiddler.

And can you name these occasions please, out of interest?

You areright, of course there is a world of difference.

Then again, the same applies to owls fans talking about looking out for Turks carrying knives wouldnt you agree?

Personally, if DJ is goign to bring up accusations of vile chanting on the night, I dont think he should pretend the song from the north stand didnt happen :

'Always look out for turks carrying knives, haha haha hahah ha hah'

Do you?

Also in your reply to the Matt Busby incident, don't try to defend the indefensible, the way your fans behaved was disgusting.

Sheffield United fans held a minutes silence for Sheffield Wednesday fans who were killed on their way back from Coventry and Sheffield Wednesday fans would do the same if the situation wad reversed.... It's called respect.

Swore blind I wouldnt reply in this thread, but I felt like I ought to re this.

The full story was a much more complicated affair, with Manchester United point blank refusing to have a minute silence for when Don Revie died (and who can blame them, he was nothing to do with them) and then the FA suddenly say we must have a minute silence for Matt Busby?

Id imagine if Sheffied united refused to have minutes silence for an Owls legend, you wouldnt be too excied at the prospect of getting told you MUST then have a minutes silece for a Blades legend it would be very similar story.

Still, lets not let the background of that incident cloudy the press story eh.

A better comparison would be how we would respond to being told we had to have a minutes silence for a Blackburn legend, what with them being about as big a rivals to us as man u are to you, ie they dont give a shiit about us.

Leeds U from Sheffield.

Seats being torn up and thrown into the home end and onto the pitch (correct me if I'm wrong but not only is that both dangerous and stupid, it's also criminal damage), advertising boardings being kicked out of the front of the stand onto your own fans, songs praising a suspected masd pedophile and sex offender whilst chanting about an innocent man being a pedophile, a mini pitch invasion after the goal and other than our keeper being attacked you can't understand the fuss??

I suppose being a Leeds United supporter you genuinely can't understand the fuss as this is probably a regular sort of away day for you. I seem to remember your fans tearing seats up and chucking them onto the pitch in a cup game a few years back over at Bramall Lane.

I havnt stuck up for them have I?

What I am saying is that your own fas are just s guilty if we are going to take issue. If you think nothing was thrown from theOwls north stand, you are wrong.

Owls fans also torn down adverts at your away game about 2 seasons ago, throwing down into your own fans (ask your away fans, they will confirm this).

Its all wrong, whoever does it, Leeds or Wednesday, im saying dont pretend its just Leeds.

Edited by Leeds U from sheff

Then again, the same applies to owls fans talking about looking out for Turks carrying knives wouldnt you agree?

Personally, if DJ is goign to bring up accusations of vile chanting on the night, I dont think he should pretend the song from the north stand didnt happen :

Do you?

You going to Millwall scum meets scum event ?

Do you?

Where have I said I agreed with what our idiots chanted? If you look on our board you will find widespread condemnation of those chants. But they will say they were retaliation for the majority of your lot chanting about our manager touching children. Rightly or wrongly. Wrongly in my opinion, but thats what sparked it, and dont try and pretend otherwise.

And can you answer my question about when your players were punched please? Genuine interest, links would be appreciated too.

Guest davet30

............, football in this country needs (imo) livening up, the atmosphere in football in general is pretty poo pooe and nights with 2 sets of fans singing makes for a much better atmopshere and sees much higher attendences.

I agree but it is what is ACTUALLY sung which is in question here not that they should all sit closed mouth :rolleyes:

Where have I said I agreed with what our idiots chanted? If you look on our board you will find widespread condemnation of those chants. But they will say they were retaliation for the majority of your lot chanting about our manager touching children. Rightly or wrongly. Wrongly in my opinion, but thats what sparked it, and dont try and pretend otherwise.

And can you answer my question about when your players were punched please? Genuine interest, links would be appreciated too.

Carlisle away was one. (bout 4 seasons ago). Millwall awayx2 (surprse) Keeper was hit by something thrown from behin the net vs Stockport (keeper was booked lol) Your own fans had a go at the Palace game im sure you are aware. None of it is right of couse, that kid should go down that pushed Kirkland imo, but lets not suddenly call for massive punishment for Leeds where none previously have had much. One rule for all, whatever that rule may be.

I am not suggesting Owls fans back the Turkey chants, id guess most generally dont agree with it, all im saying is dont lets pretend its just somehow LUFC who sing, shall we call the 'offensive' songs. A ot of it, is heat of the moment rubbish that most of us wouldnt dream of singing outside our various football grounds.

Edited by Leeds U from sheff

Carlisle away was one. (bout 4 seasons ago). Millwall awayx2 (surprse) Keeper was hit by something thrown from behin the net vs Stockport (keeper was booked lol) Your own fans had a go at the Palace game im sure you are aware. None of it is right of couse, that kid should go down that pushed Kirkland imo, but lets not suddenly call for massive punishment for Leeds where none previously have had much. One rule for all, whatever that rule may be.

I am not suggesting Owls fans back the Turkey chants, id guess most generally dont agree with it, all im saying is dont lets pretend its just somehow LUFC who sing, shall we call the 'offensive' songs. A ot of it, is heat of the moment rubbish that most of us wouldnt dream of singing outside our various football grounds.

I'm not on about keepers getting hit by things, that is sadly an all too often occurrence But are you telling me a fan has ran on and smacked one of your players before, then ran back into the stands? And it has gone unreported, because you are Leeds?

And Leeds have a hell of a history singing disgusting chants - the Munich ones for a start. Perhaps thats why you don't seem as bothered about the ones sung about Dave Jones on Friday, because as a fanbase Leeds fans are used to it? Frankly I'm still disgusted at what our idiots chanted, but maybe thats because we don't normally quite lower ourselves to that level at S6? Who knows. But Leeds have a history, and have been the common denominator in a lot of previous clashes.

Guest Sniper1

Leeds United fans(fanbase)are proud to be stuck in the 80's.

They love the fact that they are hated and the funniest thing about it is that they think its jealousy.

No Leeds United its not Jealousy its because you are a vile, disgusting set of people.

Wake up FFS, Friday night is why you are hated throughout football.

They sing about being the 'pride of yorkshire', God f'king help us.

The 2 Leeds fans were stabbed in Turkey, while fighting with the Turks, do you learn from that?

NO, sometimes if you go looking for it you might just find it.

Im glad Friday night happened because the rest of football got to see what we all know.

Now f'k off Leeds scum, horrible f'king stains.

Guest TonyOwl88

Why can't people just take responsibility for their actions and look to resolve the problems evident within their remit?

All tis *** for tat is bulls hit, and everyone should be working to make sure these things don't happen again.

Dave Jones is right, it was a majority singing vile and slanderous chants which also made light of issues surrounding alogations against Saville and potential victims of child abuse.

Pitch invasion with the intention to harm people.

The encouragement for a man who assaulted Chris Kirkland, and congratulations for his actions... patting him on the back... "well done Aaron, good one".

Sorry but Dave Jones' comments are backed up by these points. Animals.

"Always watch out for Turks" isn't great, but you can't use that as justification for all the above when you consider they happened before during and after that song being sung.

All wrong doing should be dealt with, so people should stop using one event to justify another.

Were the 2 Leeds fans involved in trouble when they were stabbed? I always assumed they were innocent bystanders who were targeted.

I remember at the time one of the defendants claiming that the Leeds fans (in general) were insulting women and behaving in a loutish fashion.

Whether this is true or whether this is just him trying to justify his murderous actions I don't know, all I will say however is it says a great deal about somebody when the take a knife to a football match.