Gary Cooper - chairman of the Leeds United Supporters Trust

Guest davet30

Swore blind I wouldnt reply in this thread, but I felt like I ought to re this.

The full story was a much more complicated affair, with Manchester United point blank refusing to have a minute silence for when Don Revie died (and who can blame them, he was nothing to do with them) and then the FA suddenly say we must have a minute silence for Matt Busby?

Id imagine if Sheffied united refused to have minutes silence for an Owls legend, you wouldnt be too excied at the prospect of getting told you MUST then have a minutes silece for a Blades legend it would be very similar story.

Still, lets not let the background of that incident cloudy the press story eh.

So let me get this straight, Man Utd didn't respect the minutes silence so in retaliation you lot decided not to either, but here at Sheffield, when our two lads died in a car crash coming home from Coventry, Sheff United fans not only observed the minutes silence but also held up their names in the away end! let me tell you, our arch enemies did that, some people know where the line is drawn you see, It would seen not in Manc and Leeds, I'm glad I'm from Sheffield.

I was the game friday, you lot chanted vile stuff in the first half throughout, and into the second half, we chanted the turk stuff around the 70 min mark because we were sick of hearing the singing the PRAISE of Jimmy Savile, and don't tell me that it was only a few because it would be a lie.

Was reading this as the news came on showing the numpty smacking kirkland. Whooo shock! Have a look how many other leeds fans are on the pitch. Kicking hordings and swinging on the nets. Don't try and pass this off as one idiot. Leeds fans are scum always have been (champions league semi and bournemouth as two easy examples but there are many more). Funny that you are trying to justify your fans actions because of the turks chants. You weren't bothered about it until you were losing! Funny that the jones and saville chants are "banter" but the turk song isn't? And as for leeds fans being offended by that chanting given your history of vile abuse? You really are either ten years old or mental!

Just a quickie, was Friday night the first time any set of fans have chanted anything unsavoury towards Leeds fans? If not, what were the repercussions the other times, as it seems that any teams fans singing these songs can rightfully expect retribution. Or was Chris Kirkland and our stadium just unlucky or the last straw?

Swore blind I wouldnt reply in this thread, but I felt like I ought to re this.

The full story was a much more complicated affair, with Manchester United point blank refusing to have a minute silence for when Don Revie died (and who can blame them, he was nothing to do with them) and then the FA suddenly say we must have a minute silence for Matt Busby?

Id imagine if Sheffied united refused to have minutes silence for an Owls legend, you wouldnt be too excied at the prospect of getting told you MUST then have a minutes silece for a Blades legend it would be very similar story.

Still, lets not let the background of that incident cloudy the press story eh.

sir matt busby was a respected bloke who rebuilt a club that was devastated by the munich air-crash thats why every ground in the country paid there respects with a minutes silence .....don revie was a money grabbing ,bribing bugger who condoned violence in his team and built a club in his own image .no club held a minutes silence for him and who can blame them .

sir matt busby was a respected bloke who rebuilt a club that was devastated by the munich air-crash thats why every ground in the country paid there respects with a minutes silence .....don revie was a money grabbing ,bribing bugger who condoned violence in his team and built a club in his own image .no club held a minutes silence for him and who can blame them .

Summed up in one.

Just thought it worthwhile commenting about respect of football fans for each other, in response to our Leeds U from Sheffield. A number of years ago 2 unfortunate Owls fans were killed after a night match at Coventry, the following season Coventry fans remembered those fans by singing Hi Ho Silver Lining. again this year the same set of fans came onto Owlstalk to remember the anniversary of their death. Coventry fans even had the good grace to congratulate our team on promotion to the Championship.

This year at the Huddersfield home match both sets of fans were asked to remember a young soldier from Huddersfield who gave his life for his country. Both sets of fans applauded and then observed the minutes silence impeccably.

Maybe our poster should reflect on what real football fans are capable of?

Just thought it worthwhile commenting about respect of football fans for each other, in response to our Leeds U from Sheffield. A number of years ago 2 unfortunate Owls fans were killed after a night match at Coventry, the following season Coventry fans remembered those fans by singing Hi Ho Silver Lining. again this year the same set of fans came onto Owlstalk to remember the anniversary of their death. Coventry fans even had the good grace to congratulate our team on promotion to the Championship.

This year at the Huddersfield home match both sets of fans were asked to remember a young soldier from Huddersfield who gave his life for his country. Both sets of fans applauded and then observed the minutes silence impeccably.

Maybe our poster should reflect on what real football fans are capable of?

I think Leeds fans have respected every minutes silence we have ever come across, at any ground, whoever it is for.

Except the Busby issue, where there was a lot more to the story. Manchester United refused the minutes silence request for Revie, ok I agree to that somwhat, but then being our long standing foes, as they had refused their minutes silence, it wasnt a good idea to then force a minutes silence on us for busby. Unless you thinks thats a good way to handle the situation?

I will not try defend that muppet who ran on the pitch, he deserves prison.

I just marvel at the closed eyes/ears there are on here....that I have seen, not ONE person has commented re what I said about your own fans ripping down advertising and throwing the boards down on your own fans not so long ago (causing quite a few injuries amongst your own).

Should all Owls fans be banned from all away matches due to the actions of a few idtiots? No, of course not. Also seem to remember a few Owls fans attacking fans on a train not so long ago.....again, should you all be branded for this? I think I know your answer. Not seen any of you commenting regards the coins thrown into the Leeds end on Friday ether (note this happened long before the pitch incident). Still, all these issues dont go well with the story do they?

Keep your eyes closed, but thefact is, some of our fans were out of order on Friday, but dont try kid yourself, so were some Wednesday. If you are prepared to brand all Leeds for the actions of few, then you in turn should accept the guilt for the actions of the above.

Leeds U from Sheff, why don't you dig up the threads from on here from after the Rochdale game when the incidents with the advertising boards occurred? Then you might see that nearly every poster on here condemned the actions of those idiots, and attempts were made to name and shame anyone involved and assist in making sure they wouldn't be able to attend matches in future.

Re: the chanting, it's disgusting and disappointing from both sets of supporters. Sinking to levels as low as each other isn't acceptable, it's just even more pathetic. Sadly I fear these people are a product of our society, and the population of these uneducated mindless idiots appears to be on the rise.

its proportion to my mind.

The Istanbul chants were so loud ( not saying there weren't any cos obviously there were ) that i never heard them just beyond halfway towards the Kop in the north that must be a whole 60/70 yards away from our more moronic fans, which would suggest that it was a very small minority of Wednesdayites singing them yet the Savile chant from the away end rang round the ground cos the vast majority were singing it.

Also in threads on here and other sites fans have stated they got into rows with the morons chanting about Istanbul didn't see much remonstrating with anyone in the Leeds end about chanting nor the wa nker who smacked Kirkland.

The smoke bomb while being a minor event just illustrates what could have happened they smuggled that in could just have easily smuggled a knife which obviously would made the Kirkland incident a whole different ball game.

As for The Revie thing read Emlyn Hughes Autobiography to understand why he was so disliked by everyone bar Leeds Fans foook me i wouldn't have observed a silence for that cooont but then i wouldn't for George Best either but Busby was a great of British Football no matter that he was synonymous with Manure

Ive listened to the audio of Gary Cooper who is surprisingly well informed for someone who wasn't at the match and talk about being one eyed.

Must admit Mick, I've hated Leeds United since our FA Cup encounter of 1969. Jack Charlton was the first centre half instructed by Revie to tread Peter Springett into the ground at set pices and corners. We'd never seen it before to that point the whole ground went crazy as Leeds walked away with a draw.

As you point out Hughes, Clough et al were at pains to point out the depths to which Revie would stoop. " I want you to fetch all your medals in on Monday morning and chuck em all in the bin, because you only got em by cheating" Brian Clough....They have a statue to his memory at Ellland Rd, can't get my breath !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Leeds U from Sheff, why don't you dig up the threads from on here from after the Rochdale game when the incidents with the advertising boards occurred? Then you might see that nearly every poster on here condemned the actions of those idiots, and attempts were made to name and shame anyone involved and assist in making sure they wouldn't be able to attend matches in future.

Re: the chanting, it's disgusting and disappointing from both sets of supporters. Sinking to levels as low as each other isn't acceptable, it's just even more pathetic. Sadly I fear these people are a product of our society, and the population of these uneducated mindless idiots appears to be on the rise.

Rightly so, as there was an effort to find out who that ****** was that hit Kirkland on the LUFC forums.

My only point being, while it seems ok to brand all Leeds fans based on these actions, a lot on here feel comfortable separating the actions of your lot from 'normal fans'.

Rightly so, as there was an effort to find out who that ****** was that hit Kirkland on the LUFC forums.

My only point being, while it seems ok to brand all Leeds fans based on these actions, a lot on here feel comfortable separating the actions of your lot from 'normal fans'.

The issue is how many of your lot joined in with the Dave Jones and Jimmy Saville chants. It was extremely loud in every part of the ground. Due to the volume, it's fairly safe to assume it was more than just a few.

There were more than just a few seats and bottles thrown from the away end too.

"an effort to find out the ******" ,mate he was all over facebook 30 minutes after he,d done it .........leeds fans are undefendable you know it ,i know it the whole football world knows it .they cause trouble everywhere they go have done for nigh on 50 years .we may have some yobs but nothing on the scale that leeds have .

There's a difference between Busby and Revie though

Revie: Made a cynical style of play, was then crap for England before lying to the FA in order to get more money.

Busby: made a great Manchester Unietd team, had it decimated by Munich, then rebuilt it to be great again.