Sheffield Wednesday team lineup and formation vs Leeds United

Guest brimowl

A bit to negative for me I agree most of the team but its got to b 4 4 2 for me 2 wingers and 2 strikers and choice of semedo or mcabe I would go with madine and bothroyd up front were at home go for it.

are people seriously lumping bothroyd and COG together up front? jesus wept

They are too static and play the same kind of role. It wouldn't work.

Either we use Maguire or get another striker altogether. Rodri is not the answer either though imo.

Edited by Beholder

A bit to negative for me I agree most of the team but its got to b 4 4 2 for me 2 wingers and 2 strikers and choice of semedo or mcabe I would go with madine and bothroyd up front were at home go for it.

so you say 4-3-3 is negative.... then proceed to tell us why 4-4-2 is less negative with the "we're at home go for it".... riiiiiiiiight.

Edited by willowl

lol

Not sure if 4-3-3 has ever been deemed as negative! Should we play 2-4-4 instead, is that positive enuff for ya?

Edited by WayneTheOwl

so you say 4-3-3 is negative.... then proceed to tell us why 4-4-2 is less negative with the "we're at home go for it".... riiiiiiiiight.

lol

Not sure if 4-3-3 has ever been deemed as negative! Should we play 2-4-4 instead, is that positive enuff for ya?

The fact is - saying it's 4-3-3 but playing 2 wingers in the wider positions means it realistically is 4-5-1 - just like you could argue that playing Antonio and JJ in a 4-4-2 actually makes it a 4-2-4.

It is negative

Could push barkley forward to make a 4-2-3-1. However someone made an interesting point other day that Antonio and JJ are more attacking midfielders than wingers. Sounds a silly distinction at first, but the fact is they like running with the ball at defenders from a wide midfield position rather than getting the ball too far up the pitch. To do that you need bit more craft than simply pace