1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10 Now speak!

There appear to be a growing number of mindless, thoughtless comments spewing out onto this forum at the moment and the saner, more measured comments appeared to be being drowned out by those who can't help themselves from jumping on the band-wagon and regurgitating the critical attacks on certain players and the management team.

I have been reading Owlstalk Matchday since the beginning of last season although I have been a Wednesdayite since 1960. I was encouraged to become an active participant around December last year because I was enticed to join in with the enormous sense of fun and excitement that was being shared by almost all who contributed.

What a different and completely depressing site it is right now and all because we have lost a few matches of football on the trot. I suppose I should not be surprised at a time when extreme and instant reaction is the norm and there is no time for pause, reflection and a weighing up of opinion.

So, here we are back in the Championship, adjusting to a higher level of football, bedding in new and unfamilar players and finding it all a little tougher to cope with than the success we enjoyed at the end of last season. It is nothing short of staggering to me that so many people seem hell-bent on calling for the manager to be sacked, players to be dropped and different players to be signed - and more importantly in a tone that is unpleasantly aggressive. Surely memories cannot possibly be that short and the euphoric shouts for statues to be erected, bigger and better banners to be lofted, more flambouyant flags to be flown cannot be so quickly forgotten.

This site was worth more than a daily visit when clever, witty threads of Album covers, film titles, videos of car-rides etc used to be the way of people striving to go one up on others . Sadly it now appears to me that the once ingenious, inventive and original threads that made this site such a joy have been replaced by the dull, thoughtless and empty-headed reaction to a team that is not, (surprise, suprise) having everything its own way.

Please let's have a little more thought, control and above all else, fun. Look where we have been lately and look where we are now. It's far from bad news; infact it's still hugely exciting but only if we want it to be! :milan:lol:rolleyes:

There appear to be a growing number of mindless, thoughtless comments spewing out onto this forum at the moment and the saner, more measured comments appeared to be being drowned out by those who can't help themselves from jumping on the band-wagon and regurgitating the critical attacks on certain players and the management team.

I have been reading Owlstalk Matchday since the beginning of last season although I have been a Wednesdayite since 1960. I was encouraged to become an active participant around December last year because I was enticed to join in with the enormous sense of fun and excitement that was being shared by almost all who contributed.

What a different and completely depressing site it is right now and all because we have lost a few matches of football on the trot. I suppose I should not be surprised at a time when extreme and instant reaction is the norm and there is no time for pause, reflection and a weighing up of opinion.

So, here we are back in the Championship, adjusting to a higher level of football, bedding in new and unfamilar players and finding it all a little tougher to cope with than the success we enjoyed at the end of last season. It is nothing short of staggering to me that so many people seem hell-bent on calling for the manager to be sacked, players to be dropped and different players to be signed - and more importantly in a tone that is unpleasantly aggressive. Surely memories cannot possibly be that short and the euphoric shouts for statues to be erected, bigger and better banners to be lofted, more flambouyant flags to be flown cannot be so quickly forgotten.

This site was worth more than a daily visit when clever, witty threads of Album covers, film titles, videos of car-rides etc used to be the way of people striving to go one up on others . Sadly it now appears to me that the once ingenious, inventive and original threads that made this site such a joy have been replaced by the dull, thoughtless and empty-headed reaction to a team that is not, (surprise, suprise) having everything its own way.

Please let's have a little more thought, control and above all else, fun. Look where we have been lately and look where we are now. It's far from bad news; infact it's still hugely exciting but only if we want it to be! :milan:lol:rolleyes:

Post of the year

Time to clean up owlstalk and flip the haterz off innit

Owlstalk Shop

Guest JohnFantham

I've also watched Wednesday since the early sixties and completely agree with you. I know the expectations was higher than what is happening just now but resorting to booing and the like is not acceptable in my view. Many fans knew this was going to be a rollercoaster season, so it's a case of get behind the team like last season.

I've also watched Wednesday since the early sixties and completely agree with you. I know the expectations was higher than what is happening just now but resorting to booing and the like is not acceptable in my view. Many fans knew this was going to be a rollercoaster season, so it's a case of get behind the team like last season.

yes to a rollercoaster...

but when the park manager deliberately derails the cars then there's no use keeping stum, and looking to hide the obvious truth...

the side we had last season had passion, i can understand any wednesday fan not recognising it, as for years we haven't had it in sufficient amounts...

but we did, and it was ripped out after a fantastic start to the season, for some newly acquired lightweights to take the places of the players with passion...

this was down to the efforts of one man, dj, if it comes off, he's the next best thing to mourhino, and we're lucky to have him...

when it doesn't it's only right that our supporters have the right to point these (his) failings out...

there is, and has been no doubt that the appalling run we have been on (lets hope it's over) has been down to rank bad organisation, an imbalanced side, lack of effort and grit, and even poor selection at times...

these are all management decisions, and when they go wrong, or in our case badly wrong...

it's only right that the buck stops with the man at the top...

that defence is nowhere nearer to being sorted than it was a month or so ago...

and if irvine had come up with jj at fullback for an idea, the poor c**t would have been stoned....

There appear to be a growing number of mindless, thoughtless comments espewing out onto this forum at the moment and the saner, more measured comments appeared to be being drowned out by those who can't help themselves from jumping on the band-wagon and regurgitating the critical attacks on certain players and the management team.

totally agree I've only been watching since the late sixties so I'm a mere youngster.

Very intelligent post mate.

Thing is with owlstalk, you have to develop your ability to swim through the gallons of shyte that are posted and then you'll find some clever, witty and insightful nuggets in there. I agree, its not been the finest run, and after all its a results business so we have to turn it round. Last seasons run in has probably spoilt us a little and were just adjusting to life back at the coal face.

We just have to take the rough with the smooth, I love this club, always have, always will....it will come good in the end, it always does (eventually!)

i would have preferred someone with more recognised defensive attributes...

and at one flank or the other this problem has been with us all season long...

so i would have expected him to go into the loan market...

I really don't think it's so easy to just go and bring in a new player just like that.

After all, neither Lee nor Buxton are far away, so then it's like bringing in a loan player to play perhaps once or twice - it's really not easy to sell that to a player looking to get game time.

People talked about putting Semedo there - which, may have been okay had Lines and McCabe been fully fit.

The only other option was Mattock at right back and bring Jones back in at left back, which hasn't exactly worked out yet either.

I agree with everything you have written, very good post.

Unfortunately, this is one of the downsides of the digital/technological revolution.

Before the popularity and ease of access of the internet you debated either face to face or on the phone, which could cause embarrassment if you made a wee pipe of yourself, so people used to think before opening their mouths, now it's too easy to hide behind a pseudonym and post crap, if you make a wee pipe of yourself you just change your username.

Edited by ItsJody

Excellent post.

MM, Get your check book out, there's a great player at wolves available soon.

DJ, Admit the back 4 aren't balanced and work/ strengthening needs to be done.

Fans, They need your support, give 'em some.

Me, STFU and get some work done.

Who else should we play there at the moment?

Liam Palmer?

oh yes we've farmed him out havent we, sensible that, we've 2000 forwards the same amount of defenders with only left feet, but only 2 right footers, we've signed the two slowest and oldest center halves in the league and keep getting stuffed at the back with pace, we have 2 actual midfielders on the books the 3rd being an 18 year old kid no matter how much a prospect he's still a kid,

is it any wonder we are playing guys out of position?