1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10 Now speak!

Liam Palmer?

oh yes we've farmed him out havent we, sensible that, we've 2000 forwards the same amount of defenders with only left feet, but only 2 right footers, we've signed the two slowest and oldest center halves in the league and keep getting stuffed at the back with pace, we have 2 actual midfielders on the books the 3rd being an 18 year old kid no matter how much a prospect he's still a kid,

is it any wonder we are playing guys out of position?

Our two right backs are out injured. It's just plain unlucky. Should we really have kept a young central midfielder from going out on loan (which is apparently going very well for him) just in case of an emergency like this one when he can fill in at right back?

Dave Jones is not immune from criticism, but it should surely at least be just. We're only two months into a new season and both right backs are injured, we really don't have the resources to plan ahead for such an eventuality, which is hardly Jones' fault.

Our two right backs are out injured. It's just plain unlucky. Should we really have kept a young central midfielder from going out on loan (which is apparently going very well for him) just in case of an emergency like this one when he can fill in at right back?

Dave Jones is not immune from criticism, but it should surely at least be just. We're only two months into a new season and both right backs are injured, we really don't have the resources to plan ahead for such an eventuality, which is hardly Jones' fault.

yes its called management.

are you are telling me that the training and managerial staff at this club could not see the worth of keeping a young right sided utility player at the club when even fans on here and other fan sites were voicing concerns over the lightness in midfield and at the back on the right side,

then you are wrong my friend, our shortcommings at the back arent an act of god, they are man made

Good post mate. Was a good place last year but we did have a dodgy bit when meggo went. However there seems to be a lot of newcomers on here dragging it down. Some of the crap spouted beggars belief. Think you've said what Neil probably wanted to say. Well done bud. No doubt people will add the usual crap to it later when they drag themselves out of bed. Well done bud. UTO.

Guest Retfordowl74

Great post.... I have followed wednesday since 87/88 and the % of moaners we have follow our beloved seems to grow everytime we go through a relativley succesful period. It seems the more succesful we are the more t*wats we attract.... we need to keep things in perspective

All the players we have got rid off/loaned out from last season have all gone to league one clubs, its not like there playing for other championship clubs proving dj wrong (with the exception of liam palmer, as i believe he MAY (may not) have a bright future and is out getting valuable game time)....

Last year was the best for a long time but do people really think rob jones, prutton, coke could do a job at this level?? they all good league one players and good luck to them but they are not the answer, we are playing much better oppistion in a very tough league which will produce some weird and wonderful results through the season.

Having said all this i still question some of dj's decisions (changing too much too quickly and playing players out of position) but all managers make mistakes even fergie, im sure he'll learn from them.

I can understand why people want to boo and abuse but what positive outcome can it possibly have!!

Get behind the lads, they need us, megson understood what wednesday fans wanted (he is one of us) and made players want to play at home please lets not go back to the days in the early 2000's when we got on players backs and made them play even worse than they were

WAWAW UTO

Liam Palmer is not going to solve either of those problems.

He is Development squad material whether you like it or not - that's why he is learning on loan at Tranmere. If you had suggested a short term loan for RB (from Champ or above), say 2 weeks ago, you may have had a point.

As it happens, the players who can play RB are coming back to fitness now so there is no point in a loan.

excellent post mate,

Palmer isnt a development squad player, if he was he'd be in it, he would have been perfect at right back instead of Mattock, or do you think Mattock did a good job there,

ive read some ridiculous things on here, but your ramblings take the biscuit, we've gone from second top, to at one point last night second bottom all due to the re-modelling of the defence, and here you are, only stopping clapping long enough to type drivel, but its ok, the right backs might be fit again soon.

the defence is too slow and lop sided and everyone on the planet can see that except you.

and by the way, whilst we are on about Palmer, have you seen where Tranmere are with his development squad player help?

we needed right sided cover in the squad, i could see it, thousands of others could see it and some actually pointed this out, but because you never noticed this, we are all stupid and you are right.

priceless

we are talking about the same player here aren't we? That is Liam Palmer not Daniel Alves. Palmer is playing CM for tranmere not RB. I do not know on what basis you think Liam Palmer would be a better fit at RB than any of the first team squad at the moment. He played there a couple of times under Megson in L1 and did OK.

As you are just using a temporary player shortage to just criticise the management I am pretty much going to disregard your ramblings.

wtf are you on about now, lets get this straight cos im not sure you can read properly, ill type it slowly to give you more of a chance, ready? right, "Liam Palmer would have done a better job at right back than the left footed Mattock" got it, understand?

"our defence is too slow and left footed" comprende?

ive highlighted the bit of your post thats sensible, Liam Palmer is a right sided player who can defend or attack or play in midfield, he doesnt have to be Danny Alves to be a better right back than Mattock, flippingDanny LaRue could do that

right now what part of that is incorrect, or which part do you not understand?

excellent post mate,

Palmer isnt a development squad player, if he was he'd be in it, he would have been perfect at right back instead of Mattock, or do you think Mattock did a good job there,

ive read some ridiculous things on here, but your ramblings take the biscuit, we've gone from second top, to at one point last night second bottom all due to the re-modelling of the defence, and here you are, only stopping clapping long enough to type drivel, but its ok, the right backs might be fit again soon.

the defence is too slow and lop sided and everyone on the planet can see that except you.

and by the way, whilst we are on about Palmer, have you seen where Tranmere are with his development squad player help?

we needed right sided cover in the squad, i could see it, thousands of others could see it and some actually pointed this out, but because you never noticed this, we are all stupid and you are right.

priceless

At least you haven't gone OTT in stating your opinion.

At least you haven't gone OTT in stating your opinion.

OTT or any other combination of letters you like, but tell me one part of it thats wrong, seems you can spout as much bullshit as you like on here as long as you dont disagree with anyone, if you post facts people jump in making little clapping noises, at times its like a scene from deliverance.

It didn't take long for this thread to have some sort of player who should / shouldn't be involved debate...

Back to the topic of the OP, I think a lot of the negativity is due to fans desperation for us not to return to League 1 (again). Lets be fair though - 'we have lost a few matches of football on the trot' is not quite telling the whole story; 6 defeats & a draw whilst conceding an average of 2(+) goals per game in the last 7 is certainly cause for concern IMO.

But more does need to be done to stop the negativity, instead of just 'booing doesn't work'.

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Just because a manager says someone is injured doesn't mean they actually are.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lee was fit.

OTT or any other combination of letters you like, but tell me one part of it thats wrong, seems you can spout as much bullshit as you like on here as long as you dont disagree with anyone, if you post facts people jump in making little clapping noises, at times its like a scene from deliverance.

I've already said I disagree with you and why, but beyond that, it's the comically excessive terms with which you state your opinion that amuses me.

Just because a manager says someone is injured doesn't mean they actually are.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lee was fit.

Give over.

lol @ you keyboard warrior.

So as a FACT you are stating that Liam Palmer is the best fit right back we have at the club.

And in response I say to you sir that you talk a load a pish

keyboard warrior eh? coming from a happy clapper thats a compliment

FACT rather than losing JJs attacking threat by playing him there YES i dont think we have anyone better than Palmer, if we have, then why isnt he playing?

right smartarse, instead of ridiculing my post who is at the club at the moment who is a better temporary right back

pish? hark at flippingRab C

I've already said I disagree with you and why, but beyond that, it's the comically excessive terms with which you state your opinion that amuses me.

Give over.

just answer the one thing i asked you, what part of my original post do you disagree with, cut out the bullshit just tell me where i am wrong,

you wont cos im not and you cant

ok if you want to look stupid too, you tell me our best right back who is fit today, or do you want to retract that and admit i was right when i said the defence was too left sided,

Any of our defenders should of gone in at RB, I wouldnt put one of our best attacking player JJ at right back.

Semedo could do a job at RB

so could Nicky Weaver, but surely addressing the problem before it arose would have been a little easier

Any of our defenders should of gone in at RB, I wouldnt put one of our best attacking player JJ at right back.

like Mattock you mean?

talk sense

Great OP. There's a real sense with some of the more crackers posters that they've been dying for us to have a dip, just so they can dust off their tired 'happy clapper' insult. Nobody is happy we've been on a bad run, but it's how we react to that. You can choose to give a manager who has definitely earned it time and patience or you can spit the dummy out and stamp your feet like a toddler.

we cant bung a left sided player in at r/b it doesnt work, mattock was awful there, just cos he's a defender doesnt mean he can play anywhere, my point is we are light on the right hand side, people on here seem to think is an act of god, it isnt, they are the players we've bought, now Semedo has been mentioned, ffs get real.

we've been left exposed at rb and on the right side of midfield, its a fact, not speculation, its happening now ffs its been happening for the last few games, why the flip cant you see what every one else can see