1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10 Now speak!

i never said we could play palmer i said sending him out on loan made us short of cover for right sided defence, read the posts befor jumping to conclusions, youve made 11000 odd posts try reading a couple

So Dave Jones after just signing a full back who was player of the year at his club ...decides to send a young central midfielder ( played for his country at this level ) out on loan...knew that we would need him as emergency cover...you must be flipping Nostradamus..or some tailface..guess where my money is?

So Dave Jones after just signing a full back who was player of the year at his club ...decides to send a young central midfielder ( played for his country at this level ) out on loan...knew that we would need him as emergency cover...you must be flipping Nostradamus..or some tailface..guess where my money is?

im a tailface am i you thrower, is this the same DJ who flatly refused to play that same full back saying he wasnt ready, a point might i add i made about 5 posts ago in this thread, if you took time to read what ive said you ignorant fool youd see that you've just agreed with me, and listen my deluded little tosspot, you dont need to be nostradamus to realise 2 right footed defenders out of the entire defence is lop sided and a potential problem

is that really a serious question if so I'd go and get your short term memory checked. Just a small clue PROMOTION

so he made a promotion decision did he

im a tailface am i you thrower, is this the same DJ who flatly refused to play that same full back saying he wasnt ready, a point might i add i made about 5 posts ago in this thread, if you took time to read what ive said you ignorant fool youd see that you've just agreed with me, and listen my deluded little tosspot, you dont need to be nostradamus to realise 2 right footed defenders out of the entire defence is lop sided and a potential problem

so he made a promotion decision did he

now that would be a daft thing to say but in most peoples opinion mine included the said promotion wouldn't have been achieved without DJ and his decisions.

now that would be a daft thing to say but in most peoples opinion mine included the said promotion wouldn't have been achieved without DJ and his decisions.

so the last right decision DJ made was promotion, well correct me if im wrong, but im sure promotion isnt a decision, anyway even if it is, and that was his last good decision, then that was may, its october now, little lacking on the good decision front i'd say

my fault, i said we aint got a right back fit and questioned why we had so many lefties, then all this stuff happened, by the way i never just typed pouting why you put that there?

perhaps he thought your posts must be written by someone who has the attention span of a fish just saying

perhaps he thought your posts must be written by someone who has the attention span of a fish just saying

if you cant read properly i'd suggest keeping off forums till u learn, now please dont keep attaching silly comments to other posts you really are annoying

and who did you used to be?

I really don't think it's so easy to just go and bring in a new player just like that.

After all, neither Lee nor Buxton are far away, so then it's like bringing in a loan player to play perhaps once or twice - it's really not easy to sell that to a player looking to get game time.

People talked about putting Semedo there - which, may have been okay had Lines and McCabe been fully fit.

The only other option was Mattock at right back and bring Jones back in at left back, which hasn't exactly worked out yet either.

we've tried virtually everything except giving the crowd a go...

jj bless his cotton sox had a go the other night, and for a player who can make numerous upfield errors during a game at times, he did quite well, and possibly played as well a some of our actual f/b's have done...

we should have moved into the loan market...

when players come back from injury (and hopefully stay free of further injury) they're often rusty...

there'll be fullbacks out there, not getting a game for their club, who the club will see that half a dozen first team outings won't do them any harm...

our so far season long (various) problems at f/b, and in defence as a whole, need to be looked into further...

we're letting 2 and 3 a time in now...

Edited by dnhc

There appear to be a growing number of mindless, thoughtless comments spewing out onto this forum at the moment and the saner, more measured comments appeared to be being drowned out by those who can't help themselves from jumping on the band-wagon and regurgitating the critical attacks on certain players and the management team.

I have been reading Owlstalk Matchday since the beginning of last season although I have been a Wednesdayite since 1960. I was encouraged to become an active participant around December last year because I was enticed to join in with the enormous sense of fun and excitement that was being shared by almost all who contributed.

What a different and completely depressing site it is right now and all because we have lost a few matches of football on the trot. I suppose I should not be surprised at a time when extreme and instant reaction is the norm and there is no time for pause, reflection and a weighing up of opinion.

So, here we are back in the Championship, adjusting to a higher level of football, bedding in new and unfamilar players and finding it all a little tougher to cope with than the success we enjoyed at the end of last season. It is nothing short of staggering to me that so many people seem hell-bent on calling for the manager to be sacked, players to be dropped and different players to be signed - and more importantly in a tone that is unpleasantly aggressive. Surely memories cannot possibly be that short and the euphoric shouts for statues to be erected, bigger and better banners to be lofted, more flambouyant flags to be flown cannot be so quickly forgotten.

This site was worth more than a daily visit when clever, witty threads of Album covers, film titles, videos of car-rides etc used to be the way of people striving to go one up on others . Sadly it now appears to me that the once ingenious, inventive and original threads that made this site such a joy have been replaced by the dull, thoughtless and empty-headed reaction to a team that is not, (surprise, suprise) having everything its own way.

Please let's have a little more thought, control and above all else, fun. Look where we have been lately and look where we are now. It's far from bad news; infact it's still hugely exciting but only if we want it to be! :milan:lol:rolleyes:

Absolutely spot on. Best post for months. Might find that a few of the older posters return if the site gets back to where it was where the banter was actually funny and original !

wot a load er fluffy cack

This is just the typical crap you come to expect from some on here now. dull.

Right then so what I've gathered from this thread is anyone who isn't slating everyone and everything at the club is a happy clapper.

Its DJ's fault that our two RB's are injured and we should've bought another 4/5 RB's as cover.

Liam Palmer, our 6th choice CM should have been kept just in case any player, in any position got injured.

DJ didn't make one decision in getting us promoted.

Scarboro-owl is more of a nob than everyone already thought

what was the last good decision DJ made?

Serious questions back.

Did you think it was a bad decision to sign Bothroyd

Was Barkley a bad signing?

Were you opposed to signing Rodri?

Did you think DJ made a mistake on deadline day by signing Taylor?

Unless I have forgotten someone, these are our 4 newest signings. It might take a bit longer for them to adapt but they were all very good signings.

Right then so what I've gathered from this thread is anyone who isn't slating everyone and everything at the club is a happy clapper.

Its DJ's fault that our two RB's are injured and we should've bought another 4/5 RB's as cover.

Liam Palmer, our 6th choice CM should have been kept just in case any player, in any position got injured.

DJ didn't make one decision in getting us promoted.

Scarboro-owl is more of a nob than everyone already thought

think you've pretty much summed it up there .

Guest Darth Sturrock

It's like a bunch of zombies have taken over the site.

Yeah, zombies who keep clapping, clap, clap, clap................................................