Paul Warhurst

How he helped Oldham be 2-0 up against us at half time in the old Div 2, burstinf runs from centre half. Sheridan equalised with 2 pens, Hirst missed about 47 sitters and Wilson could've won it in the 90th minute with a spazzy scissor volley that went into the side netting.

Loved him in that amazing season.

Always had the potential early in his Wednesday career to have one rickett per game, a bit like Bougherra, which would cost us a goal.

His pros far outweighed his cons though and when tricky mover him upfront the rest is history.

Was very worried that night against Spora when he swallowed his tongue as the other players looked very worried at the time.

Will also remember forever those crutches at Blackburn when we scored each goal lol

Guest macs1981

My mate was at Forest Green when he signed there for a while, he said he is the best looking bloke he had ever seen!! Said he must've paid an absolute fortune for his teeth and 'products', but he was as big time as they come.

At the time he left was gutted, but given what happened immediately afterwards (broken leg in first couple of months at Blackburn then an injury blighted career) turned out best possible way for us.

Saw him filling his golf up at the last petrol station out of Stocksbridge on his way to Blackburn. I asked him if he was signing for them and he could barely look me in the eye, he just said "dunno son". It was announced the next day. Gutted. He was the best striker in the country for a while.

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

Quality player. Loved watching him play.

That goal Hirst scored against Leeds, 2nd game of the 91 92 season when Warhurst took the ball through the middle of the park and set him up with a great pass will never be forgotten.

That night in the League Cup Semi at Blackburn, he was amazing.

Got an England call up on the form he was showing that season but unfortunately for Paul, got injured and had to pull out of the squad.

In hindsight I'm glad he got injured and missed the England call up.....billy big time who got it in his head that he was a better forward than Hirsty and as others have said refused to play in the cup final if he was playing at the back rather than up front instead of Hirsty.....some of the other players had to persuade him to play....apparently he used to turn up for training and get out of the car with all his gear on and then get back in his car straight after in all his mucky kit and p*ss off....had nothing to do with any of the other players Edited by Ian