Paul Warhurst

Guest Distraught!

We should called it the "Kevin Pietersen" Syndrome now.

We should be remembering him for all the good things he did but will instead be remembered as an arrogant kn0bhead.

Although his goal scoring exploits in that one season were pretty remarkable, especially from a career defender, it should be tempered slightly that only 6 came in the league. Many of them came against lower level sides such as Spora Luxembourg, Derby and Southend.

He was an excellent player in all three positions we used him, but unfortunately he thought a little too much of himself.

Thats cos he only started about 10/11 games up front in the league during the period though.

Lot of good memories of Warhurst, goal against Blackburn away in the League Cup when we won 4-2 and the infamous guy on crutches in the crowd.

Quick, Powerful and could hit a ball.....bit wayward sometimes mind. It would have been amazing to have seen him play for England if he hadn't got injured at the time and such a shame that he fell out with Francis who wanted him to revert back to defence because we had Hirst back from injury.

For me that was the Golden Era for the Owls, remember all exploits from early 90's like yesterday.

Warhurst was always a bit too calm at back and worried you sometimes because he always tried to play his way out of trouble even in our own 18 yard box but as soon as he converted to striker we had a real talent. It was a crying shame that him and Hirsty didn't forge a partnership because it wouldve been devastating!

There were a few rumours flying round Hillsboro that may have contributed to the exit of Warhurst but never the less he was a top striker for us and he's definately in the top 5 players to don an Owls shirt and make such an impact on our history in the couple seasons he was here.

Thats cos he only started about 10/11 games up front in the league during the period though.

Actually, looking it up, you are rather closer to the mark then I thought would be the case. Despite Hirst missing 20 starts in the league that season, Warhurst only made 25 himself and looking at the line-ups it looks like these were about equally split between defence and attack.

Arrogant thrower.

Like how you just "tossed" that in.. I also liked how he would throw himself at the ball without ANY cares for his health, just to score goals for us. So, I don't agree he was arrogant.

I sometimes think Llera could convert to a forward, and attack as bravely as Warhurst.

Guest MysticMac

I remember being a kid & my Dad showing me the back page of the sun when Warhurst signed for Blackburn, he was wearing a horrible spotty shirt that made him look like an oversize jockey, I was gutted he left, bet he regrets it big time now considering how happened for him at Ewood Park, it might have been massive money at the time but they've never been a massive club!!