An Everton View

I've made a point of talking to one or two Everton fans I know over the last couple of days, and I've had some interesting conversations. Here's a few snippets of what was said:

On Barkley - excellent prospect, has pace to burn and has a footballing brain

On Barkley again - a much better prospect than Rodwell

On Vellios - would do excellent for us, very good player from what seen, but needs first team games to push on

On Meriellas, their new striker - sounds like a good player but can afford to take a gamble on him because, and I quote, "He's ONLY cost just over 6 million". Only? It's a bloody different World in the Premiership altogether, and this brought it home to me.

I've made a point of talking to one or two Everton fans I know over the last couple of days, and I've had some interesting conversations. Here's a few snippets of what was said:

On Barkley - excellent prospect, has pace to burn and has a footballing brain

On Barkley again - a much better prospect than Rodwell

On Vellios - would do excellent for us, very good player from what seen, but needs first team games to push on

On Meriellas, their new striker - sounds like a good player but can afford to take a gamble on him because, and I quote, "He's ONLY cost just over 6 million". Only? It's a bloody different World in the Premiership altogether, and this brought it home to me.

We'll find out soon enough.

UTO

Thats why loans can make a lot of sense. If we can pick up a player of Barkley's quality on a season long loan for a fraction of his wages, then we are potentially getting a ten million pound player who we could never hope to sign at this stage. Those sort of players can help us to the Premiership where we can take those type of gambles. We saw last season what the loanees did for us, they turned us from a good division one side into a very good one that stormed into the championship

I've been speaking to every Everton fan I can about Barkley, and all the Liverpool fans, and they all say the same. Better potentially than Rooney and Gerrard. Even the Liverpool fans struggle to disagree. They rate him very highly. If we had him for the season there is no doubt it would be a major coup for us.

Of course I'd welcome Barkley with open arms, who wouldn't he's a major talent, but where would he play? By that I mean, what would be his best position for us, and not how would we fit him in. From what I know about him, his perfect role would be the one currently occupied by Semedo. If it was a straight choice there would be no comparison, Semedo is a legend here but Berkley's attributes would see him first name on the team sheet at any championship club. Its a nice problem to have, but Everton will want him playing every week so it may be Semedo who loses out.

Of course I'd welcome Barkley with open arms, who wouldn't he's a major talent, but where would he play? By that I mean, what would be his best position for us, and not how would we fit him in. From what I know about him, his perfect role would be the one currently occupied by Semedo. If it was a straight choice there would be no comparison, Semedo is a legend here but Berkley's attributes would see him first name on the team sheet at any championship club. Its a nice problem to have, but Everton will want him playing every week so it may be Semedo who loses out.

Dont think you could have seen him play if you think he is a defensive midfielder. Very much an attacking midfielder who wants the ball, takes people on, drives forward, etc. I love Semedo but he's a completely different type of player.

So, if Barkley comes you would expect him to definitely be playing. What happens to McCabe? Given the performance on Tuesdsay night and that he's ours we want him to get game time and continue to develop. Who would drop Semedo (and live to tell the tale)? An interesting conundrum but, a nice promble to have.

To be fair I've not seen enough of Barkley personally to establish what type of player he is. Certainly he seems a more complete player than Semedo, able to play both the defensive role and a more advanced attacking one. I'm surprised, with his talent, why he isn't more involved with Everton's first team

I've been speaking to every Everton fan I can about Barkley, and all the Liverpool fans, and they all say the same. Better potentially than Rooney and Gerrard. Even the Liverpool fans struggle to disagree. They rate him very highly. If we had him for the season there is no doubt it would be a major coup for us.

Think if he was better then Rooney and Gerrard at the same age he would be a first team regular.

Think with Macabe being young not sure it is a good idea to have two inexperianced midfielders if we get him on loan.

And Sunderland are ready to pay £15m for Steven Fletcher !

:ohmy:

Think if he was better then Rooney and Gerrard at the same age he would be a first team regular.

Think with Macabe being young not sure it is a good idea to have two inexperianced midfielders if we get him on loan.

I did say they said potentially better but he has had 2 bad leg breaks that have held him back. Most Everton fans think he should be ion the team and told me Moyes doesn't pick him because he tries too many tricks!

Playing 4-3-3 then it would be McCabe & Semedo in holding midfield roles. This would also protect the defence.

Barkley in a roaming attacking role behind a lone centre forward with two wingers.

We would control midfield in every game. Controlling midfield wins games.

And what a wealth of talent we have to rotate and fill the front three roles.

I now really honestly believe DJ is about to become a Wednesday legend for building this team.

It is also a young and hungry team that could improve and flourish at a higher level.