Our weak link last night.

Guest StamfordOwl

Guest ESS6-BOY

listening to DJ's interview on radio sheffield coming home from the match...dj did seem to intimate that perhaps reda has got to start defending better, than attacking as thats what he's intially there for...

I like reda...his energy, enthusiasm and.................goals (which to be fair have mostly been very influential in the points stake)

:reda:

Guest UnbelievableJeff

Pffft, lets wait until he ACTUALLY costs us a game first yeah? Think some people forget that we are still in the championship, if he was the complete player he wouldn't be here, the same goes for the majority of players in this league. Take the good with the rogerin smooth and stop moaning. Honestly.

Reda has deserved his chance at this level, he's earned that from last season after major improvements as the season went on. I've had and still got my doubts about him at this level, but we should persevere with him for a while longer yet to hopefully see the continued improvements he's made over the past 12 months.

Plus, he won't come up against much better than Chris Burke at this level.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Hi guys and gals.

During pre season I remember a thread about big Reda saying is he good enough. Last night summed him up really to which a lot of fans on the north stand agreed. During the first half when we was attacking from every direction it covered up all our weak links in the side however after half time Birmingham found it and kept causing us all kind of problems... That was down our left hand side.

They absolutely ran bombarded Reda last night and the penalty sums it up pretty clear... He's not good enough in that position. We are up against far better skilled teams this year and they will push down that side. Having said that we get a natural left back in mattock but dont play him....

Thoughts?

My thoughts are if you are moaning after a cracking performance you must be a reight simpleton

Did you notice the ball Reda slipped through for Rodri to score or were you doing your north stand poll ?

Lets leave it to DJ eh ?

Like reda and I don't think suggesting he come out of the team now should be seen as a long term thing - but I agree with big guns - don't think he'll play Saturday.

He needs to stop doing stupid things. The penalty wasn't the result of a mistimed tackle due to the quality of Burke, it was just reckless and daft. Look at the video and im pretty sure semedo is telling him the same thing.

Can't afford that at this level.

Jones needs to get that across to him and I think the kick up the arse will be him getting dropped Saturday.

Hi guys and gals.

During pre season I remember a thread about big Reda saying is he good enough. Last night summed him up really to which a lot of fans on the north stand agreed. During the first half when we was attacking from every direction it covered up all our weak links in the side however after half time Birmingham found it and kept causing us all kind of problems... That was down our left hand side.

They absolutely ran bombarded Reda last night and the penalty sums it up pretty clear... He's not good enough in that position. We are up against far better skilled teams this year and they will push down that side. Having said that we get a natural left back in mattock but dont play him....

Thoughts?

I sit in north row 24 nobody round me seem over concerned about reda maybe its your head or your one them fans who after find fault about something please discuss

Guest aj_owl

For me the weak links were the officials...Zigic should have been off twice, booked the first shirt pull then ignored the other dozen. Awful.

On reflection proud of the team did a good job against a good team. Was saying earlier looked at the Brummie team sheet and any of the last 10 seasons would have been resigned to defeat to a team like that before ko, not this time never even gave a thought to it.

Edited by aj_owl

Reda's scored two, got an assist and should have had a second yesterday. And after a solid tackle from him some wingers will be very cautious about trying to beat him.

But the OP is correct. He cost us a goal yesterday, and one, maybe two, at Oldham. Teams will look to target him, especially if they have a pacy winger and attacking fullback.

At the moment I think the positives outweigh the negatives. And he is also developing a good understanding with JJ. A change of fulllback might have a detrimental effect on JJ's performance.

I haven't seem Mattock play so can't comment, but my preference, and expectation, is that Reda stays first choice.

Guest StamfordOwl

I sit in north row 24 nobody round me seem over concerned about reda maybe its your head or your one them fans who after find fault about something please discuss

Couldn't be any further from the truth... on saturday just watch what millwall do after they realise he's our liability....

Hi guys and gals.

Thoughts?

The Massive don't have "weak links" we just have some better than others.

Couldn't be any further from the truth... on saturday just watch what millwall do after they realise he's our liability....

Burke never had a kick for the first 45 and he is one of the best wingers in this division .

I am not saying Reda is the new Roland Nillson but **** me 2 goals in two games and an assist and you are slagging him for a late miss timed challenge .