24th March 2001

I was thinking when was the last time we beat Birmingham City, 24th March 2001.

Look at the squad then, compared to yesterday.

Would we swop anyone from the squad of 2001?

Look who was centre half for Birmingham, and also who was on the bench for them, a certain Graham Hyde.

How times change.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/birmingham-city-v-sheffield-wednesday-24-march-2001-6036/

Guest foreverSWFC

In their day i would take Walker, Palmer, Ekoku and Sibon and put them in our first team.

Comparing the teams our side now is musch better to back then, our defence (except Walker) was appaling.

As for Birmingham, in its day, that is a very solid Championship side.

In their day i would take Walker, Palmer, Ekoku and Sibon and put them in our first team.

Comparing the teams our side now is musch better to back then, our defence (except Walker) was appaling.

I'm not entirely sure Sibon would even get in the team, to be perfectly honest. After all, it wasn't until we'd left the Premiership that Sibon even turned in the odd good performance.

Ekoku in his day was quite good and would probably get in ahead of COG. He'd had his day by the time he'd got to us though, of course.

Walker and Palmer at their best would walk into the side - and that's no huge disrespect to whoever they'd replace.

Walker and Palmer were sadly well past their prime at this time. 5-10 years earlier they would have been absolute shoe ins but think we now have better players than they were in 2001.

Look who was centre half for Birmingham, and also who was on the bench for them, a certain Graham Hyde.

How times change.

http://www.11v11.com...arch-2001-6036/

I'd take walker, palmer and sibon with pressman being kirkland understudy and having worked in Belgium and finding out how highly thought of de bilde is over there i'd take him also.

Guest SunTzu

I'd take walker, palmer and sibon with pressman being kirkland understudy and having worked in Belgium and finding out how highly thought of de bilde is over there i'd take him also.

You're having a babble!? Kirkland is fantastic but Pressman is definitely the Sensei there... and you'll never beat Des Walker! The amount of times I heard that and watched him get rinsed shortly afterwards. Good times :biggrin:

How times change.

Didn't that certain centre half miss a penalty in that game?

Ashley M Westwood lol

Played for Portsmouth in the League Cup this year pal. That lad's got durability, consistency and talent beyond belief.

How times change.

JAMIE F*CKING POLLOCK

00/01 was the season when i first started going to the games when i was 6 so sorry about this but who the flip is Trond Egil Soltvedt

He was the skipper! Peter Shreeves picked hi up from Southampton reserves and he came in and tied the midfielf up. Not a lot of talent but hard working and solid and along with Calrton, helped get us organised towards the end of that season. Hung around another year or two playing mainly at centre half. Not one of the greats but was a good signing at the time.

Walker yes (we need a right footed centre half) and Palmer and Ekoku possibly. Nut please, please NEVER poison out club with the likes of that waster Sibon: never, ever again

Walker was left footed.

Though unlike modern footballers (at all levels), he could use both reasonably effectively.