• O'Grady
    • Rodri
    • McCabe
    • Beevers
    • Llera
    • Maguire
    • Pecnik
    • Madine

I think that Dave Jones and his team must having been putting in the hours with JJ. He's been great for years but JJ has been different class this year and also has the stamina to finish games. Maybe it's because he doesn't have as much responsibility to win the game that he is actually turning in match winning performances. Now that's positive irony.

Guest kiltonowl

My worry is when Barca come to check on Rodri they're going see just how good JJ is and try to nick him off us in Jan :ph34r:

Easiest decision ever this one.

After 5 years that was easily JJ's best performance in a Wednesday shirt, and one of the best individual performances I've seen from any Wednesday player in far too long, brilliant!

Guest Leeswfc3

Did you miss a few of last seasons games when jj was outstanding and helped us get promotion?

Agreed Guns, for me its never been a case of "has"JJ got talent, it's a case of "if" he can be bothered.

I think the work that the coaching staff have put into JJ is starting to shine through, long may it continue without injury. The performance last night was excellent and the best thing about it all is that we will get even better as the players start to gel and develop an understanding. This is a great time to be a Wednesday fan.

Guest StamfordOwl

Jermaine Johnson had his best game for wednesday, and was repaid with a cracking goal. Pecnik did fantastic when he came on but the man of the match for me was McCabe, that lad is amazing. Excellent partnership along side Semedo who was as always fantastic.

Guest Askham89

For me it has to be jj he absolutely terrorized brums defense with his pace and dribbling McCabe played very well too I've never seen Wednesday so comfortable on the ball pure class hats off to dj! Hes woken up the sleeping giants!

For me it was COG and Lleara, who were powerhouses yesterday, won everyfookingthing

I would say JJ was outstanding and McCabe looks solid and has intellegence. I think McCabe and Rodri are going to link up just nice this season.

I also think Semedo's ability to kill the tempo of the game will be vital to us this season.

Don't agree that Kirkland is our best signing this summer. Excellent shot stopper no doubt, but I would like him to come out into the box a little quicker.

I was like a kid in a candy store when watching that first half, truly amazing first half performance.

Can't wait until the next game.

Apart from JJ having an all round blinder, his use of the ball was a revelation. Did you notice how many times he got his head up and picked a pass?

We now have players who can call for the ball under pressure and use it, McCabe typifies this (also Pecnik) which seems to have spread through the team, there's always an outlet.

To say we won comfortably Kirkland had a great game and I already feel more relaxed when the other team are attacking knowing he's between the sticks.

Considering Kirkland,McCabe,Rodri made the starting 11 for the first time donning the Wednesday robe, i would have to go with one of those.

Kirkland made saves that set the standard from the back...

McCabe had a very encouraging debut, always looked comfortable against seasoned pro's, never went missing.. solid performance

Rodri a natural on the ball, his reading of the game is second to none, the way he let the initial through ball do it's stuff confused the brum defender, which set up the chance for his goal was next level football.. When fully fit he will be a real gem,,

Gone for McCabe though, did his job well against experienced midfielders....