The Just Got Back Post

Brilliant entertainment. In brief......

Kirkland immense - signing of the summer so far

JJ unplayable again at times. More please

COG brilliant again WHEN to feet. We seemed to revert to hoof a bit

Rodri - it's right what we heard, not big or strong or fast. Should have scored after 5 minutes and at times looked off the pace of the game. But he took his goal brilliantly and grew into the game. Needed to go off tho obviously not fully match fit.

All in all a very good night. Didn't look too bad at the back Llera stood out. McCabe didn't seem to shine that much and Antonio was a bit quiet. But that didn't stop us having loads of chances.

Bring on Millwall!!

Rodri the chance he missed with his first touch which he should have netted was offside so he couldn't have scored did you not see the little man in red put his flag up

Can someone describe the goals and penalty foul for me ?

1. Howler from Butland spilled straight to Reda who nods in from close range

2. Through-ball to Rodri, pass from ?, holds off defender and creates space with a step over before finishing under keeper from a tight angle on left foot. Stunning goal.

3. Inswinging cross from left by Redmond, everyone missed it, Zigic couldn't miss from close range.

4. JJ tears onto through ball from ? outpaces centre back before finishing in bottom left corner

5. Burke hassled by Semedo, slows in area before quick burst of pace, Reda sticks out leg for pen. King scores. Hardly mattered as ref blew up straight away.

Guest foreverSWFC

Kirkland- Feel very confident knowing he's between the sticks. Calming influence, and pulled of another fantastic save from Marlon King's effort.

Buxton- Solid performance, steady and did a good job against that Redmond.

Beevers- Impressive performance, comfortable on the ball and did well against their strikers.

Llera- Better performance from him, sprayed the ball around nicely and was good in the air.

Reda- Fantastic performance. Proved he can play well with the ball on the floor and again a threat in the air. Burke troubled him a bit in the second half, but he coped well against a very good winger.

Antonio- Still not the Antonio from last season.Trying too hard in my opinion, poor control at times and couldn't quite get past his man. However, is still a threat and looked decent on the ball at times.

McCabe- Another top performance. Did the simple stuff, knokced the ball around smartly, not afraid of a challenge. Although a couple of corners were Potter-esque.

Semedo- Stronger performance. Good workrate, tackling and passing. Also nearly scored, was a decent effort.

JJ- Stunning again by JJ. Very dangerous on the ball, good dribbling and a constant threat. Ball seemed glued to him tonight and the opposition were just not getting the ball off him. Took his goal brilliantly aswell.

O'Grady- Held the ball up well, good workrate and put a shift enough. Playing well recently, hope he keeps it up.

Rodri- Class above. Great control, his balance is excellent, not many people are going to knock him off the ball. Finds gaps and moves into space, very promising performance, great finish and top celebration.

Madine- Gave away too many freekicks when he came on, a bit sloppy in possession.

Pecnik- Looked decent went he came on, good strength and fought for the ball.

Apart from Reda throwing himself at Burke abit too much you can't fault the performance.

We should've dealt with the cross for the first abot better but that was a major thing really.

Rodri looked amazing at times. Possibly the best technically gifted player i've ever seen in a Wednesday shirt. He always made the right movements when he had the ball.

JJ was immence and Spector didn't have a clue what to do with him. Antonio was industrious and always a threat.

Semedo was abit erratic at times but cover the back four brilliantly. McCabe was awesome, him, Semedo and Lines would be an awesome central trio in a 4-5-1.

Beevers dealt with King superbly and Llera beat Zigic to pretty much every header.

Kirkland was an asbolute rock and must breathe so much confidence into our side.

Even when we looked abit rocky we were still playing some sublime stuff. The balance in that starting 11 was as close to perfect i've seen in Blue and White stripes.

The ovation Rodri got was immence. The stadium from where i was on the Kop looked unreal. Only ever witnessed a atmosphere like that at stadiums twice the size of Hillsborough!

Exciting to be a Wednesday fan!

Taken from the Birmingham forum:

"It's not just our first defeat though is it?

It was a poor defeat with a scoreline that flattered our performance.

As usual we played in desperation against a team that will probably finish in the lower half of the table. Same old Blues and same old apologists."

:laugh:

Link?

Some of them are deluded, seen a few level headed birmingham fans.

Guest gingerowl1

Kirkland made some quality saves when required and doubt theres a better keeper in the championship

Buxton still not there thought he looked shakey against there winger

Reda same as Buxton but will improve and another goal to set us on our way

Llera spread play really well at times from the back

Beevers looked back to his form of a few seasons ago

Antonio needs to realise power and pace wont get you past the full back every time like in league, needs to get his head up more

Semedo Usual quality self

Mccabe could be a legend at the club if his 1st 2 perfomances are anything to go on

JJ unplayable and best player on the park by a mile

Rodri Good touch, Movement and wanted ball all the time also great finish

O'Grady Didnt get a goal but played really well linking the game and allowing JJ & Antonio to push on and make runs off him

All in all a great perfomance 1st half and one of the best halfs of football i remember at Hillsborough. 2nd half we sat back a bit but still created chances and looked good on the break.

Roll on Millwall

Completely agreed with all of this. JJ is in the form of his career. Unbelievable Jeff!

Your eyes must be painted on! He ran the midfield in the second half. His ability to find space to receive a pass and then play it to a man is exceptional. He constantly sought the ball and covered an enormous amount of ground.

Agree. Thought he was class, his composure on the ball and awareness of what was around him was immense. I think he will be a big player for us this season and in the future

Redman will be a goal threat - at BOTH ends of the pitch ...

has the ability .. doesn't have the brain

the problem is his goal threat - drop him to stave off his mistakes and you lose out on his goal threat - carry in playing him and yes he'll get torn a new butthole but if he carries on scoring then thats a benefit - tricky situation for DJ to resolve!

Kirkland- Feel very confident knowing he's between the sticks. Calming influence, and pulled of another fantastic save from Marlon King's effort.

Buxton- Solid performance, steady and did a good job against that Redmond.

Beevers- Impressive performance, comfortable on the ball and did well against their strikers.

Llera- Better performance from him, sprayed the ball around nicely and was good in the air.

Reda- Fantastic performance. Proved he can play well with the ball on the floor and again a threat in the air. Burke troubled him a bit in the second half, but he coped well against a very good winger.

Antonio- Still not the Antonio from last season.Trying too hard in my opinion, poor control at times and couldn't quite get past his man. However, is still a threat and looked decent on the ball at times.

McCabe- Another top performance. Did the simple stuff, knokced the ball around smartly, not afraid of a challenge. Although a couple of corners were Potter-esque.

Semedo- Stronger performance. Good workrate, tackling and passing. Also nearly scored, was a decent effort.

JJ- Stunning again by JJ. Very dangerous on the ball, good dribbling and a constant threat. Ball seemed glued to him tonight and the opposition were just not getting the ball off him. Took his goal brilliantly aswell.

O'Grady- Held the ball up well, good workrate and put a shift enough. Playing well recently, hope he keeps it up.

Rodri- Class above. Great control, his balance is excellent, not many people are going to knock him off the ball. Finds gaps and moves into space, very promising performance, great finish and top celebration.

Madine- Gave away too many freekicks when he came on, a bit sloppy in possession.

Pecnik- Looked decent went he came on, good strength and fought for the ball.

Seriously Reda fantastic? The needless penalty he gave away doesn't suggest so. The 10 simples passes he made to opposition rather than own player don't suggest so! And I love Reda !

Madine didn't once give possession away, he did a good solid job when he came on!

Well where do I start?? Some fantastic football played at Hillsborough tonight. Birmingham just couldn't live with up in the first half. Rodri is one hell of a player, he finds space, has skill and drive, as a few tricks and a cracking goal celebration. JJ is playing out of his skin but still needs a bit of shooting practise, deserved his goal. Beevers and Llera were fantastic at the back. Kirkland is a fantastic keeper. But for me the man of the match has to in to 19 year old McCabe, what a player he is. I have to say 3-2 flattered Birmingham and if this is a sign of things to come then all I can say is OMFG lol I'm not getting carried away tho :)

I understand what ppl are saying about Reda tho, he was given a bit of a run around by Burke tonight and he made some terrible passes in the 2nd half, but I think that was tiredness. I just can't manage to slag the guy tho and he did score lol didn't see the pen so I don't know if it was or wasn't

Guest utOwlz

Not sure i agree with some of the comments regarding Reda being a liability or to drop him, i think he will be a MASSIVE asset to us this season both going forward, and in defence.

He does sometimes make daft challenges and thats why i wouldnt ever put him back at centre back, because he will give away penalties all the time at centre back, where as at left back most of the time it will just be a free kick. I remember Plymouth fans saying he will give away alot of penalties when we signed him. At least his penalty give away tonight didnt cost us. Burke is one of the better wingers he will come up against in this division, he is a class player you can see.

Theres LOADS to be positive about though so trust in Dave Jones, if he feels Reda is the best left back at the club he will play.

JJ was immense!!!! And iv been a big critic of his.

Taken from the Birmingham forum:

"It's not just our first defeat though is it?

It was a poor defeat with a scoreline that flattered our performance.

As usual we played in desperation against a team that will probably finish in the lower half of the table. Same old Blues and same old apologists."

:laugh:

"Lovenkrands is the signing of the Summer"

F*cking lol

Your eyes must be painted on! He ran the midfield in the second half. His ability to find space to receive a pass and then play it to a man is exceptional. He constantly sought the ball and covered an enormous amount of ground.

This. And he is only 19! He first touch and vision is amazing. He and Semedo looked very good in midfield.

I also thought Rodri was very good. He has pace and bags of skill. When fully match fit he will be a right hand full.

Well done the boys and DJ. UTO!

Kirkland made some quality saves when required and doubt theres a better keeper in the championship

Buxton still not there thought he looked shakey against there winger

Reda same as Buxton but will improve and another goal to set us on our way

Llera spread play really well at times from the back

Beevers looked back to his form of a few seasons ago

Antonio needs to realise power and pace wont get you past the full back every time like in league, needs to get his head up more

Semedo Usual quality self

Mccabe could be a legend at the club if his 1st 2 perfomances are anything to go on

JJ unplayable and best player on the park by a mile

Rodri Good touch, Movement and wanted ball all the time also great finish

O'Grady Didnt get a goal but played really well linking the game and allowing JJ & Antonio to push on and make runs off him

All in all a great perfomance 1st half and one of the best halfs of football i remember at Hillsborough. 2nd half we sat back a bit but still created chances and looked good on the break.

Roll on Millwall

I agree with most of that but thoughy Buxton was getting better and back up to fitness. Not there yet.

I'm happy with Reda in the side - particularly with JJ's pace to get back and Beevers / Liera to cover his wandering.