The Just Got Back Post

It's funny to see people slate Reda, but when Buxton makes big mistakes nobody cares because, "he's not match fit". Reda's a good player, who's aggressive...which is what we need. If we play football like we did for most of the first half, I'm not too bothered whether Reda makes a mistake or two.

Its just the teams defending in general. Too sloppy at times, but hopefully we can tighten it up.

I thought Rhodri was superb in the first half. Kept dropping off the front to pick up the ball in space and more often than not found a Wednesday player with his pass, or found space to have a shot. McCabe grew into the game and showed great promise. Kirkland made some class saves - he will keep us in games when we are under pressure this season.

Reda is looking shaky when a winger runs at him. I would give Mattock a try at left back to see how he compares. Reda is good in the opposition box, but we also have Liera and Buxton who can be a threat for set plays.

Overall a very encouraging performance tonight and the first half was (as someone said earlier) the best 45 minutes seen at Hillsborough for the past 10 years. Come on you blue & white wizards!!!!!

Reda is an absolute liability. Don't care how many goals he will score for us because his incapabilities at the back will outweigh his attacking threat. Burke is lucky to come off the pitch with his ankles intact

Not as simple as that though is it.

Take away his goals and we have just lost one, drawn one.

Guest theowls 93

Not as simple as that though is it.

Take away his goals and we have just lost one, drawn one.

You're missing the point. Someone else might have been in that position then if we're taking away his goals. But we're talking about defending, not attacking.

Kirkland made some quality saves when required and doubt theres a better keeper in the championship

Buxton still not there thought he looked shakey against there winger

Reda same as Buxton but will improve and another goal to set us on our way

Llera spread play really well at times from the back

Beevers looked back to his form of a few seasons ago

Antonio needs to realise power and pace wont get you past the full back every time like in league, needs to get his head up more

Semedo Usual quality self

Mccabe could be a legend at the club if his 1st 2 perfomances are anything to go on

JJ unplayable and best player on the park by a mile

Rodri Good touch, Movement and wanted ball all the time also great finish

O'Grady Didnt get a goal but played really well linking the game and allowing JJ & Antonio to push on and make runs off him

All in all a great perfomance 1st half and one of the best halfs of football i remember at Hillsborough. 2nd half we sat back a bit but still created chances and looked good on the break.

Roll on Millwall

I didn't see the pen had my little un so left after jj goal, but it doesn't surprise me it was Reda who did it. A rash challenge is only a moment away, but he is still young and hopefully he will learn, he also made some excellent recovery tackles 2nd half and stretched them by bombing down the wing, I do expect mattock to take over eventually though.

You're missing the point. Someone else might have been in that position then if we're taking away his goals. But we're talking about defending, not attacking.

I know what you are saying, but my point is, i'd take his odd mistakes at left back for his attitude and goal threat.

Look at the stats in comparison to our other defenders, he is aggresive in the box when attacking and he gets the goals which can make a difference.

Taken from the Birmingham forum:

"It's not just our first defeat though is it?

It was a poor defeat with a scoreline that flattered our performance.

As usual we played in desperation against a team that will probably finish in the lower half of the table. Same old Blues and same old apologists."

:laugh:

Taken from the Birmingham forum:

"It's not just our first defeat though is it?

It was a poor defeat with a scoreline that flattered our performance.

As usual we played in desperation against a team that will probably finish in the lower half of the table. Same old Blues and same old apologists."

:laugh:

Birmingham fans are possibly he most blind and deluded ones I know. You'd think all those years in the wilderness would make them a bit humble, but no, a few seasons in prem league and they think they are billy big balls!

Kirkland made some quality saves when required and doubt theres a better keeper in the championship

Buxton still not there thought he looked shakey against there winger

Reda same as Buxton but will improve and another goal to set us on our way

Llera spread play really well at times from the back

Beevers looked back to his form of a few seasons ago

Antonio needs to realise power and pace wont get you past the full back every time like in league, needs to get his head up more

Semedo Usual quality self

Mccabe could be a legend at the club if his 1st 2 perfomances are anything to go on

JJ unplayable and best player on the park by a mile

Rodri Good touch, Movement and wanted ball all the time also great finish

O'Grady Didnt get a goal but played really well linking the game and allowing JJ & Antonio to push on and make runs off him

All in all a great perfomance 1st half and one of the best halfs of football i remember at Hillsborough. 2nd half we sat back a bit but still created chances and looked good on the break.

Roll on Millwall

In total agreement, especially with your comments on Beevers and Antonio.

Birmingham fans are possibly he most blind and deluded ones I know. You'd think all those years in the wilderness would make them a bit humble, but no, a few seasons in prem league and they think they are billy big balls!

I remember when we were in the Premier League for a decade and I'd only ever heard of Birmingham because Coventry sold them Peter Ndlovu (as a result of an affair with the Chairman's wife).

I prefer teams to underestimate us though, lets creep up that table.

How did the first half compare to that infamous Dingles game under Laws. Seemed to remember us looking untouchable for the first half and then got sloppy second half. Were there any parallels there?

We couldve put 10 past Scunny when confidence was high but we fell apart that season. Not under DJ though.