With Just Three Days To Go.......

What do you think of our squad?

Being honest, at the moment, it appears to me that we are nowhere near good enough to be challenging near the top of the division.

We're still waiting on 5 quality signings to come in apparently, and the season kicks off in 3 days time. We've also got two first teamers out injured in Madine and Lines, Maguire looks a bit lightweight, and is taking his time to settle in, and Llera and Gardner still have to develop a rapport.

I know we've got the rest of August left in the transfer window, and we have an opportunity to loan some Premiership teams' kids, but I really wish we could have completed our dealings by now, with more quality in the squad in preparation for the big kick off.

I am not moaning, I know we'll put it right over the next few weeks, but just wondered what everybody else's thoughts were on this.

Loving the fact Antonio is now our player permanently though. I guess you could argue that that alone compensates.

Very disappointed with the lack of incoming strikers at present.

Even if someone comes in before Saturday, I genuinely expected we'd be better equipped than we are.

Although, I actually wouldn't be that phased if we went COG with Pecnik behind him come Saturday. But we need something else

It needs 3, maybe 4 players to come into it,

But nobody has a complete squad yet I dont think, we certainly aren't playing catch up, if anything we're probably ahead of most teams.

Antonio is a monster signing, Pecnik looks decent, we need to find his position though and he still needs to get up to the pace of the English game, Kirkland as we know will be brilliant if fit, and I'm hoping for big things from Joe Mattock, no disrespect to Reda but Mattock should be a big step up in quality.

Looking good so far, think we'll be more than alright this season, comfortable mid table finish.

We have better strength in depth and more experience in the right areas, which is half the battle when stepping up a level.

I still think we're two signings away from a competitive Championship side. Bring in a striker and left midfielder and I think we're ready. A fifth striker would be nice as well but not essential, I don't think.

I think we'll be fine, although I'm keeping my expectations in check.

We are waiting on the Premiership squads to be announced.

Then we will go in there and try to cherry pick the best of the rest.

If that means waiting until the end of August, so be it. Hopefully it will be worth it.

Chin up, long time to go yet.

Gardner, Kirkland, Antonio and Pecnik (admittedly after one game) all look great signings. Lee and Mattock yet to be tested but hopefully will challenge for first team.

Still looking to bring people in and then there's the loan window.

Mid table will leave me happy, playoffs ecstatic. Anything but relegation is a step forward.

I'm reasonably happy, we have a competitive squad in all areas, i'd like another right sided centre half, and a proven quality striker

Looking at our first eleven I think we will give any team in this league a game, I have complete trust / faith in what DJ is doing with the team.....this is a squad that hasn't lost a competitive game under his stewardship we've held WBA and beaten Reading in pre season and shown our class in a 40 minute spell against Oldham.

People talk about momentum I think we've got bucket loads at the moment it will be interesting to see how we respond to defeat, but I can see us finishing mid table at present and with the 3 or 4 additions which will surely come i'm pretty confident we'll cause a few upsets.

Guest wilyfox

If that happens, yet the ending is the same too, that's fine by me

that might be over-optimistic at this stage; but that is your privilege.

that might be over-optimistic at this stage; but that is your privilege.

Oh that's not my true belief

My optimism level is genuinely 12th at best at present. And that's not being critical/miserable, just a general belief that's where we are/will be.

And I'd be happy with that too. Slowly slowly for me

I guess the opinions contained within this thread will change from game to game. It will be interesting to see what they are after we play Derby.

If we win, we're going to win the league, if we lose, we're going to get relegated etc

Worth keeping this thread in view to guage if there is increased negativity, or increased positivity, over the next few weeks, and up until the end of the loan transfer window (if there is such a thing).