With Just Three Days To Go.......

Expect a lot of dealings to occur right at the end of the transfer window.

We still need those four additions that I and many others keep banging on about, but we ain't a million miles away from having a competitive side at this level.

I'm sure that we would have brought the players in by now if we could have done. Transfer dealings aren't simply a case of submitting a bid and that be it.

Edited by SiJ

Guest shortpebble

Don't want to see ranger back. Not saying he's bad but we need a replacement for Lowe, someone who can finish, a cheaper version of Rhodes if such a player.exists

Scottish international ?

Thats impressive Simon , what was he an International at Peat Digging ? :st2:

Some what Trev ?

International angler, as in fished for Scotland. Only just beat me too.

To be fair, they tend to be good anglers in Scotland.

I think it's because there's flip all else to do there.

Anyway, back to the football.........

Anyone else with any views?

GK: looks like we've got one of, if not the best keeper in the division in Kirkland. Would be happy with Bywater however if Kirkland's biscuit legs returned

Def: Thought this was our strongest area, but Llera and Gardner worried me Monday night. Pace is going to cause a hell of a lot of problems. Garnder's distribution all night was very poor as well expect for the antonio goal. Buxton was poor at championship level last time as well and he had a nightmare Monday and looked very ordinary (hopefully is just down to match sharpness)

Mid: With international clearance and one more decent winger this area will be fine. Semedo will play every match and then we have a lot of depth too cover him. Lines and McCabe can fight over the "attack minded" position. Genuine pace on both flanks now. require a technical left winger however (Treacy ?)

Att: Maguire has looked shocking. Seen him in three matches now. Doesn't look like he will score goals and gets the brush off from every defender. Madine will be fine and COG wil be good enough for a bit part role. Definitely needs a striker with pace and a proven goalscorer at this level

Slightly worried, but I have faith in DJ getting it right and bringing in the required players.

At the end of the day, even if we have to wait til the end of August to have our first choice 11, it still leaves a lot of time to make an impression on this division

The defence worried me on Monday, but it'll take time to gel. Decent players in top championship teams would have had a field day in the first half! We clearly need a midfield general too to pull the strings and let semedo do what he does best, harry the hell out of teams.

First lesson on long range waggler fishing.

1.Use a bodied waggler without an insert as the tip needs to be visible at range, and the body able to carry enough lead to reach the distance being fished.

2.Ensure your line sinks by treating it with washing up liquid. Then after casting, wind back to the spot your fishing with the rod tip well under water, to bury the line, and avoid drift.

3.Bait up using balls of groundbait and inert feed despatched by catapult. Alternatively, ball up your loosefeed using stickymag and catapult.

4.Strike in an upward sweeping motion, to ensure you pick up enough line.

But back to the football.........

I must admit after last seasons antics, final day decider and al that i genuinely thought we would march onwards to the premier league and no one will tocuh us.as the season draws closer i am starting to become a realist and touch down on the ground again. I most certainly think that the squad is improved, just getting rid of otsemobor was a marked improvement. Do i think this team could mount a real promotion fight im not so sure, i think we could be in there with a good run of results at the beginning of the season snd towards the end. Its a tough division and it can go anyway for any club. Reserving judgement for now overall, want to see the finished product with the squad before we can realy say this and that will happen but i like most others most ertainly have everything crossed.