With Just Three Days To Go.......

Guest kingscross2hirst

I wish the transfer window would close at the end of july. Then we'd all know what weve got, The squad would be in for the

tail end of pre season games at the latest and help gel in time for the big kick off.

As for us, i think we'll 'grow' into the season. Hope momentum can get us off to a flier but lack of strikers is a worry.

I trust Dave Jones 100% though

As it stands I'd be confident of survival, pushing towards the top of the bottom half, but not too much more than that.

I still think another centre-back, right-footed and younger, is needed...maybe from a club in the Midlands with an animal in their name.

Left wing and up front obviously, but more than anything I'm excited about who we'll bring in. There's no more of the times when we had Steve Claridge at 39 and seriously weighing up whether we should sign him because we couldn't get anyone else.

Any signings before Saturday will now be all about strengthening the bench.

I can't see new signings being chucked straight into the first team, so I suspect the team that finished against Oldham, will be our starting line up for Saturday

Any signings before Saturday will now be all about strengthening the bench.

I can't see new signings being chucked straight into the first team, so I suspect the team that finished against Oldham, will be our starting line up for Saturday

I think this is probably true. It would be nice to have Helenius or someone like that coming off the bench after an hour though.

We still need a striker and a centre half (right footed). Hopefully Mayor will be coming in so we'll then possibly only need one other winger (ieft footed) to add some balance. I think it depends on how Jones sees McCabe as to if we will sign another centre mid. If he's seen as a starter it's unlikely we'll sign another in my opinion.

I think we are set for a mid table finish.

All this talk of pushing on to the Prem is a bit farfetched. We are nowhere near ready, or have enough quality in key areas. On the other hand we have enough about us to hold our own, and a fantastic manager, so relegation is not an issue I don’t think.

The thing that worries me is the reaction (or overreaction) of the fans if we get off to a bad start or go on a bad run at some point (which we will). We have been used to winning for some time now but this is a much tougher division than L1. There are some decent, well established, sides around. We need to stick together and back the lads through thick and thin this year.

If we are in with a sniff of the playoff with 6-8 games to go we have done really well, but we should be happy with a period of stability and consolidation ready for the big push season after this.

The signings have been solid with Antonio the obvious standout. Lots of good young players that should develop nicely. In contrast to most on here I don’t think up front is the main priority for further signings, although a proven goal scorer at this level would obviously be nice.

Semedo will be class again but we lack a Championship quality, experienced central midfielder to play with him. This worries me. This kind of player are not 10 a penny so it will be interesting if we can get someone in that fits the bill.

All in all, can’t wait to get cracking now. Whatever happens this season we are heading in the right direction and I’m certain there are good times ahead of us.

Enjoy the season.

UTO WTID

Well, only two days to go now, and still no further signings.

DJ did say earlier that four could come in at any moment though. He also said signings at this level weren't about money, but about grit and desire.

Neil is also playing ITK saying we've signed a pretty boy.

So, any revised or new views to add?

Looking around there is not a stand out team in the Championship this season, everyone to me looks beatable but I also include ourselves in that vain as well.

I think people are over playing the need for us to bring in extra firepower, COG I think certainly deserves to be given a chance and too be honest its only we the fans who have talked about him being shipped out over the summer not DJ.

I think we are going to be steady up until the Crimbo period with a chance to strengthen in January and maybe a few players realising we're in the division to stay. For me I still think we need a proven Champ/Prem level midfielder who can do the business as we are short in this area if injuries to either Semedo or Lines....makeshift won't do.

May have dodged a bullet with Harewood but time will tell, other than that I think if you gave any manager the squad of players we have now they'd want to take and would fancy their chances of a good run at the top 6......outright to me will not happen this time round but god I would love to be surprised.

Looking around there is not a stand out team in the Championship this season, everyone to me looks beatable but I also include ourselves in that vain as well.

I think people are over playing the need for us to bring in extra firepower, COG I think certainly deserves to be given a chance and too be honest its only we the fans who have talked about him being shipped out over the summer not DJ.

I think we are going to be steady up until the Crimbo period with a chance to strengthen in January and maybe a few players realising we're in the division to stay. For me I still think we need a proven Champ/Prem level midfielder who can do the business as we are short in this area if injuries to either Semedo or Lines....makeshift won't do.

May have dodged a bullet with Harewood but time will tell, other than that I think if you gave any manager the squad of players we have now they'd want to take and would fancy their chances of a good run at the top 6......outright to me will not happen this time round but god I would love to be surprised.

Watford where do you drink - I am Rickmansworth based

Watford where do you drink - I am Rickmansworth based

I'm literally just round the corner from Vicarage Road mate so Ricky is just up the road from me. I'll be honest my local is actually further down the line of grade than the travellers......give us a shout more than happy to meet up mate

Well, we've kicked off now. What's the concensus after our first game.

Just a couple of observations from me

1)Having watched the Football League Show, there are an awful lot of teams in our league with quality in their squads right through to the bench.

2)Our intended targets from the start of the season, Batth, Treacy, and Ranger, didn't appear to be in their present club's immediate plans.

We certainly appear to have something about us, but I think it's still work in progress.