Nathan Tyson

I do remember Tyson saying that he got into a room with Sturrock and he gave him a blast about the weaknesses of his game. Tyson was made clear Sturrock wasn't a big fan of the transfer.

I wonder how Trundles clothing brand is going. What a tool.

I do remember Tyson saying that he got into a room with Sturrock and he gave him a blast about the weaknesses of his game. Tyson was made clear Sturrock wasn't a big fan of the transfer.

I wonder how Trundles clothing brand is going. What a tool.

What did he say to him ?!

"Would you agree with me that you are painfully one footed, have poor touch, and can't hit a barn door ?"

Then Tyson supposedly turned to his manager and said "I don't think that Mr. Sturrock wants me here."

Someone stated on here at time that their meeting went along those lines.

Guest eggsarnie

the derby fans say "who ever marks tyson had better be good .................at keeping a straight face" so he's got the home fans to worry abart an'all

Seems to me like one of those situations where you are getting two different stories and you have to decide who you want to believe .

it's easy to say the official line coming from the club is false because Tyson says differently .

Somewhat naive .

What has Tyson got to gain by lying about it? Why bother inventing such a convoluted tale if in reality he just couldn't agree terms or something?

For crying out loud, how many £750,000 striker buys did we nearly make only for them to fail for one reason or another? You don't reckon there was a pattern to all of this? Don't you remember that three clubs (I think it was Wycombe, MK Dons and Blackpool) actually reported us to the FA because of what we were doing? One of the chairmen involved (think it might have been Swansea's) openly said that in his opinion it was just us trying to sell some tickets. Do Kaven Walker and Dave Allen have a track record of honesty with Wednesday fans?

I'm all for objectivity, but it seems to me that the scales of likelihood in this case have got a couple of breeze blocks weighing them down on one side.

• Thanks 1

Seems to me like one of those situations where you are getting two different stories and you have to decide who you want to believe .

it's easy to say the official line coming from the club is false because Tyson says differently .

Somewhat naive .

Yes, you are.

Rasiak anyone??

Kenwyne Jones???

Edited by SiJ

Somewhat naive .

Well the official line was he didn't want to move up north when he was at wycombe.

Then he moved up north.

These are facts.

What did he say to him ?!

"Would you agree with me that you are painfully one footed, have poor touch, and can't hit a barn door ?"

Then Tyson supposedly turned to his manager and said "I don't think that Mr. Sturrock wants me here."

Someone stated on here at time that their meeting went along those lines.

Mr Sturrock opened their meeting by saying "i will be honest and say i don't want you here. I am only meeting with you because i have been told i have got to"

Then he proceeded to say why he didn't rate Tyson - which is his right of course - but totally unfair on the player to put him at the centre of a charade which falsely led him to believe he had a chance to better himself at a club he was desperate to join.

He was distraught enough about the proposed move being a sham - but was really upset that the club tried to blame him for not wanting to come here by saying the club was "too far north" (he has close family actually in Sheffield, had visited regularly and is fond of the city) - and that he wanted too much in wages (wages were never discussed at any time).

• Thanks 1