Nathan Tyson

Remember a few seasons ago when Nathan Tyson and lee trundle turned Wednesday down. Tyson signed for forest and trundle went to bristol city. Tyson said he was joining forest cos they were the bigger club. He went there and did nowt . Now he's at derby. Let's give it him all game when we play them. Let's show him who the biggest and loudest club is. Uto

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Remember a few seasons ago when Nathan Tyson and lee trundle turned Wednesday down. Tyson signed for forest and trundle went to bristol city. Tyson said he was joining forest cos they were the bigger club. He went there and did nowt . Now he's at derby. Let's give it him all game when we play them. Let's show him who the biggest and loudest club is. Uto

Tyson never turned Wednesday down, Sturrock turned him down

Ask Scram; he spoke to Tyson personally about this. He was desperate to join us but we put him through a charade and then lied about why the transfer was off, saying he didn't want to move up north. Some at the time suggested Dave Allen wanted to appear more willing to spend than was actually the case but I was named in the infamous legal action when I put that idea forward so I'm hesitant to do so again. Our former chairman is obviously a magnificently generous, polite and agreeable man. :dry:

Forest the bigger club?? Really now??

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Ask Scram; he spoke to Tyson personally about this. He was desperate to join us but we put him through a charade and then lied about why the transfer was off, saying he didn't want to move up north. Some at the time suggested Dave Allen wanted to appear more willing to spend than was actually the case but I was named in the infamous legal action when I put that idea forward so I'm hesitant to do so again. Our former chairman is obviously a magnificently generous, polite and agreeable man. :dry:

Nail on the head.

Ah ! The good old days.

Now Trundle did actually say in a Soccer AM interview that he turned us down on the basis that Swansea, at the time, were a club on the up and Wednesday were a club on the down.

Now we were actually in a higher division that Swansea in 2005/06 when we tried to sign him...though the club was an absolute joke till Milan stepped in a few years back, so he may have had a point.