Nathan Tyson

It makes me cringe reading that. And infinitely happier they are no longer running the club.

Parasites.

Remarkable isn't it?

And an eye-opener for those who doubt we would put falsehoods in the press back then about fees being spent or how much say Laws had in the Jeffers disaster for example etc.

Ask Scram; he spoke to Tyson personally about this. He was desperate to join us but we put him through a charade and then lied about why the transfer was off, saying he didn't want to move up north. Some at the time suggested Dave Allen wanted to appear more willing to spend than was actually the case but I was named in the infamous legal action when I put that idea forward so I'm hesitant to do so again. Our former chairman is obviously a magnificently generous, polite and agreeable man. :dry:

Nah, he's a cunt.

Mr Sturrock opened their meeting by saying "i will be honest and say i don't want you here. I am only meeting with you because i have been told i have got to"

Then he proceeded to say why he didn't rate Tyson - which is his right of course - but totally unfair on the player to put him at the centre of a charade which falsely led him to believe he had a chance to better himself at a club he was desperate to join.

He was distraught enough about the proposed move being a sham - but was really upset that the club tried to blame him for not wanting to come here by saying the club was "too far north" (he has close family actually in Sheffield, had visited regularly and is fond of the city) - and that he wanted too much in wages (wages were never discussed at any time).

It was really unfair on him, a lower league playing like you say hoping to better himself at a bigger club.

However, it was also unfair on Sturrock to be put in that position.

Mr Sturrock opened their meeting by saying "i will be honest and say i don't want you here. I am only meeting with you because i have been told i have got to"

Then he proceeded to say why he didn't rate Tyson - which is his right of course - but totally unfair on the player to put him at the centre of a charade which falsely led him to believe he had a chance to better himself at a club he was desperate to join.

He was distraught enough about the proposed move being a sham - but was really upset that the club tried to blame him for not wanting to come here by saying the club was "too far north" (he has close family actually in Sheffield, had visited regularly and is fond of the city) - and that he wanted too much in wages (wages were never discussed at any time).

What a stupid thing to say. Unfair to put Sturrock in that position but even so...

Edited by owls66

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Remarkable isn't it?

And an eye-opener for those who doubt we would put falsehoods in the press back then about fees being spent or how much say Laws had in the Jeffers disaster for example etc.

That one makes me weep, openly.

Another aspect of the Tyson case was that after he was shown around the ground he was so blown away he siad "ok where do i sign" - to which the reply was "oh we cant do that today as the person who sorts out the contracts is on holiday"

It was never ascertained if anybody was on holiday from the clubs hierarchy at that time - all significant personnel seemed to be around so that sounded suspicious - and why would we be meeting a potential major signing if we couldn't sign him then anyway?

Wycombe were outraged and made their feelings known while threatening to report the club to the authorities as they felt both their club and player had been blatantly used.

Horrific episode and a real low time to be a Wednesday fan