Best/Worst Football Commentators

Oh, and if you watch the 1991 League Cup Final, there's a goal disallowed for a really quite blatant foul on Turner which Jimmy Greaves, presumably looking at the game through some whisky-fuelled haze, believes should have stood. Even Brian Moore knew that rule.

Experts who state the blindingly obvious at great length in a dull monotonous voice and are as smug as flip are.:-

Gary Neville, Gary Neville, Gary Neville and Gary Neville.

To be fair, the SCoregasm was a lot of things, but it was not dull and monotonous!

worst Pleat can't stand to look or hear the cod canyon.

quite like Ray Wilkins he sounds like a daft uncle

as for sports presenters CHILDS why is that bloke still on the telly? or more to the point why hasnt somebody smashed him in the face with a brick?

Inspired by this: http://www.guardian....l/2007/nov/30/1 - I wondered who your best and worst footy commentators were?

For me ...

Best

Barry Davies - Such a shame he spent his career as second fiddle to the useless Jon Motson

Martin Tyler - You've got to say he's fantastic, great voice, great knowledge

Alan Green - I know he's a bit of a Marmite commentator but I love his passion and opinionated nature

Worst

Jon Motson - Sooooo irritating

Mark Lawrenson - Try commentating on the football for once rather than make sh*t joke nobody finds funny

Clive Tysley - Tries to script his entire commentary before the game even kicks off, I remember he saying "Messi, he only ever lends the ball to other players" and I could just picture his smug face at the back of the commentary box nodding and thinking "you're great Clive

All of the above is bang on,especially the Motty and Lawrenson bits.

worst Pleat can't stand to look or hear the cod canyon.

quite like Ray Wilkins he sounds like a daft uncle

as for sports presenters CHILDS why is that bloke still on the telly? or more to the point why hasnt somebody smashed him in the face with a brick?

I always presumed this has already happened to him countless times before. Not sure why though...

Sorry bud but Barry Davies best, don't agree with that one, in fact he'd be in my worst! Stick to ice skating Barry. Motson for me was up there do like Alan Green though.

He's dead now isn't he?

Always thought he was good, in his era'.

I hate Lawrenson. Gives one word smug answers. Monotone voice. Reminds me of a kid that's just got "dun" for being naughty

Lawrenson always seems to be sarcastic, and it's not just now and then it's everytime he makes a comment, bit strange.